• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Celebrating Decades in the OCF Family - 10 and 20 Year Member Badge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I still like that folks are coming back to get (their) badge. It was my intention, when speaking to Matt. Oh so long ago... Spoke to him smoking a ciggy in freezing temps.. Mentioning how it's an honor earned, not a privilege given. The intention was to have oldsters come back and post they wanted it(, not like stars.)

Edit: I just wanted to add, it was about getting retention. Since he (Matt,) was trying at the time. As an iNet employee was trying... To grow all the iNet properties. {My wife sometimes still brings up how awkward [read; drunk] I was at the Cleveland LN2 party.}

Double edit: I in turn seeded Overclockix for years afterwards. Even when it was obvious dead. It was another discussion at that party.. :clap: I do believe it was another Matt who took the mantle from Arkain..

https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=overclockix

Do we still do meetups?

Last edited:
Yes there are still meet-ups, well, there were prior to the world falling apart because of a Damn virus. Witchdoctor(originally benching with OCA before joining us) had one in PA and sparked a few more larger ones that Funsoul organized with some sponsorship.

(Ftr I'm sure I was the awkward drunk guy at Witchdoctor's place. Shhh)

I can imagine that Matt had in his mind "hold my beer and WATCH this"

Yes there are still meet-ups, well, there were prior to the world falling apart because of a Damn virus. Witchdoctor(originally benching with OCA before joining us) had one in PA and sparked a few more larger ones that Funsoul organized with some sponsorship.

(Ftr I'm sure I was the awkward drunk guy at Witchdoctor's place. Shhh)

The last one I was at, at a Philly hotel a couple blocks from city hall, I could barely speak due to the side effects of an anti-depressant I was taking to try and treat my migraines. That mis-treatment caused me to switch doctors.

Hey everyone, just signed in for the first time in what seems like ages. Glad to be back to one of the communities that started it all for me.

I was a lurker for quite a while before I registered in Nov of 2001. This has always been the most friendly place for computer forum goods of any that I have encountered. I still enjoy the great folks here.
That atmosphere is what I think brings people and keeps them here.

Yep, I'm pretty sure I lurked for 4-5 years before registering. A lot of tech sites were in my bookmarks and I visited all regularly, slowly but surely winnowed it down to a handfull, and intitally became a member due to the Folding Team being vigorous and knowledgeable. That's what suckered me in. About 6 months after joining I felt I had a good enough handle on the lingo and tech requirements to give Folding a go. I was, and still am, passionate about Folding. The rest of the community sealed the deal for me.

I was a lurker for quite a while before I registered in Nov of 2001. This has always been the most friendly place for computer forum goods of any that I have encountered. I still enjoy the great folks here.
That atmosphere is what I think brings people and keeps them here.

^ This is why I ended up on here :) I had been on OCN for 5yrs and I still didn’t feel welcomed :-(

I was never a lurker here. Soons I came in, I did all the jobs required: Swept/mopped the stalls, tossed out the garbage (including the ones sleeping under the benches), made sure the peep projectors had new bulbs and then I moved up to scrubbing toilets and wiping butts.

I earned my service stripes and hash marks! :D

I think we all have our scars from moving up the ranks. I look like an orca that had a fetish with a tanker's propeller.... :rofl:

That said, a lot of my scars were brought upon myself. haha!

15 years now, but didn't feel welcome, either! (Because I was forced to silently scrap a lot of PC projects, due to being poor.)

I still like that folks are coming back to get (their) badge. It was my intention, when speaking to Matt. Oh so long ago... Spoke to him smoking a ciggy in freezing temps.. Mentioning how it's an honor earned, not a privilege given. The intention was to have oldsters come back and post they wanted it(, not like stars.)

Edit: I just wanted to add, it was about getting retention. Since he (Matt,) was trying at the time. As an iNet employee was trying... To grow all the iNet properties. {My wife sometimes still brings up how awkward [read; drunk] I was at the Cleveland LN2 party.}

I was at that party, think I still have pictures and video floating around my hard drive somewhere. I can upload if the demand is there 😁

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

The last one I was at, at a Philly hotel a couple blocks from city hall, I could barely speak due to the side effects of an anti-depressant I was taking to try and treat my migraines. That mis-treatment caused me to switch doctors.

I remember you had a badass rig there, think I still have pictures from that party. I ended up driving to Cleveland, from there I carpooled the rest of the way with Matt (IMOG). I think ChanceCoats from Illinois was in the car as well. Man what memories this brings back.

Back