• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Celebrating Decades in the OCF Family - 10 and 20 Year Member Badge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Personally I was active here very passively for my first few years but as others shared their knowledge with me and i gained confidence along with experience I came out of my shell and began contributing to the greater community... unfortunately as is sometimes the case.. I lost who I was and became someone I did not want to be... that led me away from here and many of the friendships I had established while I was learning here... I became an egotistical monster and I burned many bridges while I erected a fence around myself in my pursuit of overclocking stardom..... which I never attained to the level I wanted anyways ... I barely scratched the surface of the quickly flying comet I was trying to hitch a ride upon... I will forever be grateful for the folks here and the wonderful attitude they have graced me with over the years in-spite of my own arrogance and selfishness....

The "original" forum servers...photo taken in Skip's basement in 2002 (I have plenty more, but I don't want to post faces without permission).

They actually may be second generation. I joined the original forums in April of 1998, so 4 years is enough time to change hardware a time or two. Enjoy :)

holy bejesus I remember that pic lol

Just throwing my two cents in, and want to say thank you for the 10 year recognition. I'm not one of the most active users, but these forums and this group have always been a wealth of information.

So glad these boars have been around as long as they have, and that they'll continue to be around for the future!

Here is to another 10 years!

:beer::cheers::soda:
I like it here, very green, got lots to learn! (Not affiliated with nvidia)

I came here to learn how to water cool. This is back in the day when guys were fabricating their own water blocks from copper plumbing fixtures. Soldering copper nails to copperpipe fittings or using rudimentary tools to "mill" water blocks from copper billet. My first system was cobbled together from off the shelf parts from Danger Den, Wall*Mart (when they still had the "*" in their name.), the local junk yard and local hardware stores. Oh and a fish aquarium pump. This site and OCAU helped me a lot. I joined both and never looked back. Oh sure the likes Of Tom's Hardware, [H] and even today's Linus' site have entice any number of us but this is home for me.

my first water cooling project was with a copper block, a bilge pump, 8" pvc with a sanitary t and a shower head

Back