• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
One thing worth checking is what features are available with enabled HDR or various "sync" modes. I mean, some monitors won't work at more than 144hz with some modes, and more than 144hz probably won't work with HDMI ports. Also, some features can be available for HDMI or DP only.
I'm not pointing out anything specific, but this is barely ever described in the specs, and later, you can be surprised.
For example, my MSI 32" 1440p/165hz monitor works with HDMI up to 144hz and DP over 165hz (can "overclock" it). HDR doesn't work with DP. Some other options also don't work. After the first start, I thought that the monitor was broken or something. I had to adjust some settings as it was too bright and too sharp but also too pale. I remember I wasted a couple of hours to adjust it. A similar story was with LG 32" 1440p 144hz. It was working at 144hz only at specific settings, and I could pick or monitor blur reduction or free sync. The free sync was max 100hz.

So my advice is to pick 2-3 models that you really like from the specs, and later read various reviews (even bad reviews sometimes have useful comments). The best would be to check it in reality, but I know it's impossible for most monitors, as there are too many models so that every store could have them on display.

Back