• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flamethrower's New WiFi card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
At the risk of a long, drawn-out conversation....why? You hadn't mentioned poor coverage of Wi-Fi...................

.... haven't used the integrated Wi-Fi on your new board to see if it's sufficient

.... haven't tested the Wi-Fi card you're buying 'for BT' (for no reason) to see if it's sufficient

It feels like you buy new **** without even knowing if what you're going to have works. At least test out the integrated Wi-Fi first...THEN buy the Wi-Fi card (for BT - even though it won't help) and see if that helps your Wi-Fi range.

Also, I don't know how the antennas work, but, the included antenna uses both ports... I'm not sure how either device would work with only connecting to one.

At the risk of a long, drawn-out conversation....why? You hadn't mentioned poor coverage of Wi-Fi...................

.... haven't used the integrated Wi-Fi on your new board to see if it's sufficient

.... haven't tested the Wi-Fi card you're buying 'for BT' (for no reason) to see if it's sufficient

It feels like you buy new **** without even knowing if what you're going to have works. At least test out the integrated Wi-Fi first...THEN buy the Wi-Fi card (for BT - even though it won't help) and see if that helps your Wi-Fi range.

Also, I don't know how the antennas work, but, the included antenna uses both ports... I'm not sure how either device would work with only connecting to one.
That you for the info. And yes, I am going to try out the card I am getting first in the yard.

Back