• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flamethrower's New WiFi card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That doesn't answer my question. WHY ARE YOU GETTING A WIFI CARD?

(and why did you mention this in someone else's thread?)
Its Wi-Fi 7 and Bluetooth 5.4. here is the link.

Post magically merged:

Its wifi 7 and bluetooth 5.4. here is the link.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CVJPCQFJ/?coliid=I32TTXDBUYAYH&colid=2E0E2ETXLAQOH&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it&tag=overclockerforum-20
Do you want me to start a new thread don't get mad at me it said Wi-Fi so that's were I posted it.

Last edited:
Clearly, the link works........ no need to spam it to me. (y)

I'm asking why you are buying a separate Wi-Fi card when the motherboard you already bought has one on it?? Unless you have Wi-Fi 7 devices (and a Wi-Fi 7-capable router) it's not going to matter at all. If you're on about the BT version being higher, that's not going to yield much of anything either (5.3 to 5.4).

From what you've said all over this forum, there is absolutely no need to spend money on a separate Wi-Fi card if your motherboard has one integrated.

Now, let's let this thread go back to WHITEHAWK's Wi-Fi, plz...

Range depends on the antenna, and it's shared with WiFi. 300 feet will be on the open space. Put one wall between it and it will drop to 50.
I don't think you will see the difference. Maybe first check how the one on the motherboard works and then decide if you want to spend money on a WiFi 7/BT 5.4, which is not really supported by anything yet (or you will have a mixed environment with most devices still not supporting it).

Another thing is that on the motherboard, there is almost always a regular M.2 WiFi card, which is just hidden. You remove the cover and install it, so you don't need PCIe card/adapter and additional antennas that take space.

The MB Wi-Fi 6 and a lower Bluetooth. But I am getting it for the Bluetooth it has a large range 300+ feet.
I don't think it's going to help, dude. We touched on this earlier (in this thread???)...remember that the versions didn't list a longer range? Before I spend any money on Wi-Fi, I'd try to see if your new motherboard improves anything from what you're currently on (likely something older). You can also replace the M.2 card on the board.

Whitehawk's thread (read: other people's threads) is not the place to share what you are doing in your new build. If it was one post, sure, but inevitably, everything with you ends up as a long drawn out conversation trying to explain things which hijacks the thread.

Range depends on the antenna, and it's shared with WiFi. I don't think you will see the difference. Maybe first check how the one on the motherboard works and then decide if you want to spend money on a WiFi 7/BT 5.4, which is not really supported by anything yet (or you will have a mixed environment with most devices still not supporting it).

Another thing is that on the motherboard, there is almost always a regular M.2 WiFi card, which is just hidden. You remove the cover and install it, so you don't need PCIe card/adapter and additional antennas that take space.
I know but is the Bluetooth range. I looked around for a good Bluetooth and this has the best distance over 300 feet. And that is important to me.

I know but is the Bluetooth range. I looked around for a good Bluetooth and this has the best distance over 300 feet. And that is important to me.
Maybe a picture would help..........

Screenshot 2024-04-19 074426.png

I'd guess your current Wi-Fi/BT card is 5.0 or greater... if not, your new motherboard certainly is.

My money is that it won't change a thing too... like we've said already.

So, what is it FALSE ADVERTISING on the people that make that statement saying it can go over 300 Ft????
LOL, it's not false advertising. Read the resource I linked (from Bluetooth.com).......let's move on and leave Whitehawk's thread alone.

(I'll probably split this into its own thread because of the threadjack...)

@Flamethrower1972

There are also Bluetooth Outdoor Antenna's that I am looking into. So, I am crazy.:screwy:
Yeah, logical decisions aren't your thing here. :p

So, just a summary before I bail out of this thread......

* BT versions won't improve your range from where you're at
* Buying a separate card is a waste of money
* If you insist on buying a new Wi-Fi card anyway, get an M.2-based module, not PCIe.

But first.....

...read my link to educate yourself on BT range and what affects it

....adjust the antenna on your current device

...check to see if your new board helps. Buying a new card first without testing (and ignoring facts that it won't help) is crazy train-type stuff...especially when you're on a limited budget.

Best of luck.

Yeah, logical decisions aren't your thing here. :p

So, just a summary before I bail out of this thread......

* BT versions won't improve your range from where you're at
* Buying a separate card is a waste of money
* If you insist on buying a new Wi-Fi card anyway, get an M.2-based module, not PCIe.

But first.....

...read my link to educate yourself on BT range and what affects it

....adjust the antenna on your current device

...check to see if your new board helps. Buying a new card first without testing (and ignoring facts that it won't help) is crazy train-type stuff...especially when you're on a limited budget.

Best of luck.
Ok I will do that as always thank you for your input and knowledge.:attn:

I'm not going to harsh on this but I am curious what you do with BT. Something interesting or fun maybe? Are you linking headphones or your phone that requires greater reception length?

Also, I didn't even realize that WiFi ver 7 was out. The 802.11BE threw me for a loop. I'm still rockin' WiFi 802.11AC I think. I don't think I made it to AX at all. Not looking to spend the extra $$$ to upgrade at this time. I mostly use Cat6 in the house for main machines and media devices like the TV. WiFi in our house is for latops, phones and tablets that do not use much bandwidth. I don't need 802.11BE to read eBooks. ;)

I'm not going to harsh on this but I am curious what you do with BT. Something interesting or fun maybe? Are you linking headphones or your phone that requires greater reception length?

Also, I didn't even realize that WiFi ver 7 was out. The 802.11BE threw me for a loop. I'm still rockin' WiFi 802.11AC I think. I don't think I made it to AX at all. Not looking to spend the extra $$$ to upgrade at this time. I mostly use Cat6 in the house for main machines and media devices like the TV. WiFi in our house is for latops, phones and tablets that do not use much bandwidth. I don't need 802.11BE to read eBooks. ;)
Headphones Bluetooth speakers out in the yard and our yard is big also a tablet & watch.

Last edited:
Back