• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Ultimate FAH Install Guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ummmm, ok I looked at my config file and there is nothing in there about bigpackets? Am I running an older version of the one click or is this something you have too add?

Rafjr00 said:
Ummmm, ok I looked at my config file and there is nothing in there about bigpackets? Am I running an older version of the one click or is this something you have too add?

Same here...

Also, SEVERAL people have asked how to uninstall the one click client so they could start from scratch or do a fresh re-install, but NO response has been given. I to would like to know how to uninstall the one click setup, so I could start all over, because I downloaded the one from Stanford and well....it's all a mess.

Bump for Dark_15's great re-formatting/editing of the sticky. Many thanks to him for giving the thread the once-over.

Wedo

OMG....so i setup the one click on both my computers (changed the client file first of course) and was thinking all was well....

got done with 2 wu's last night only to find out that client file didnt have my info in it....wtf i changed the **** and followed the directions.....

so depressing.....anyways it looks like its all fixed now but damn those things took 12hrs plus and i got nothing......

sorry for my rant here....

ok seriously i dont know what to do.....the client file was there in the FAH folder with all my info....

i saw my username in the log file so i was thinkin all was well but of course once again i got no credit for a 3rd WU and now its working on another.....

seems like everytime it sends in my results or whatver it changes to client files to a virtually blank one.....

im not seeing why this is soo hard....i changed the file and installed....why is it doing this to me....??

no look at the date....those are old...i just finished two last night also....

something is wrong cause it never says i have any clients....

Check out the FAH folder and open up the MYFolding.html file. That will tell you who you are folding for and which team.

Be advised,the single cpu without adv methods does not work properly when downloaded from this sticky.

Edit: You might have to reboot but it does work.Sorry.

Last edited:
ludeboy12 said:
ok seriously i dont know what to do.....the client file was there in the FAH folder with all my info....

i saw my username in the log file so i was thinkin all was well but of course once again i got no credit for a 3rd WU and now its working on another.....

seems like everytime it sends in my results or whatver it changes to client files to a virtually blank one.....

im not seeing why this is soo hard....i changed the file and installed....why is it doing this to me....??

I am having this same problem, and I'll ask too, how do you uninstall this? I could just hack it to pieces but my comp has enough problems as it is. So a detailed info on how to remove the service installs would be nice to have...like soon/now

I have the one click method installed on a win98 system, but everytime someone tries to reboot it, windows says the program has to be shutdown manually. is there anyway to make it automatic?

I have set up a linux system my first and I am having trouble installing FAH. I downloaded and extracted the tarball but I am having trouble past there. I go into root and enter /home/squasher/foldinstaller. It says
Code:
bash: /home/squasher/foldinstaller is a directory
I then do chmod install_fah squasher and it says
Code:
chmod: invalid mode string 'install_fah
Am I doing something wrong here?
edit:
I am using yoper

Last edited:
I got it!
It took way too long to realise i just had to
/home/squasher/foldinstaller/install_fah squasher
I dunno what the chmod was supposed to do, but it seemed to work without it.
edit: I think I came up with some errors
Code:
Can't do inplace edit: Desktop is not a regular file, <> line 8.
Can't do inplace edit: firefox-installer is not a regular file, <> line 422.
Can't do inplace edit: foldinstaller is not a regular file, <> line 422.
Can't do inplace edit: Mail is not a regular file, <> line 445.
Checking if you are root... OK.
Copying scripts to /bin...OK.
cp: omitting directory `foldinstaller'
cp: cannot stat `cfgfold': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `*.pl': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `view*': No such file or directory
/home/squasher/foldinstaller/install_fah: line 25: /bin/foldstart: No such fileor directory
ln: `/etc/rc5.d/S99foldon': File exists
ln: `/etc/rc3.d/S99foldon': File exists
ln: `/etc/rc2.d/S99foldon': File exists
Installing FAH service to runlevels 2, 3, and 5.
ln: `/etc/rc.d/rc2.d/S99foldon': File exists
Installing FAH service to runlevels 2, 3, and 5.
If this script gave any errors, please report them.
is this bad, did it work?
and my last question: If it did work, where can I find FAHlog, the searcher does not come up with anything

Last edited:
Quick question

I was reading and saw where it said that this, -advmethods, is only recommended for CPU's of 2ghz or more. What about if i'm on 1.5ghz opterons? BF2 requires more mhz than that to play yet I run it slick as glass. Btw what is -advmethods ?

I have a PIII 850 which has been running advmethods so i'm just wondering if it would be beneficial to change to non advmethods or not...

Back