• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Goals for the benching party

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Seems to me like it's more that only one person can claim the boints. Someone certainly can, and as long as only one person does everything is cool.

Correct, from what I've read on hwbot from Massman. Only one person can submit boints on the card, it doesn't have to be "owned" by anyone specific, as long as only one person at the event submits points with it. You just have to pick someone who submits the boints with the card.

Also, if you want to do SLI, that is ok. However, you can't pass it around to every person who has one 580 and they all submit 2xGPU runs for boints - if you combine it to complete a 2xGPU run, only one person can submit the 2xGPU run for boints.

So one person can submit a single gpu score, one person can submit a 2 gpu score, and one can do 3, etc

So pretty much, whatever we do we're safe as long as we aren't actually trying to get away with anything and we don't look like we are trying to get away with anything - if it turns out they don't accept the submission for boints, maybe we didn't understand the rules correctly. That is fine too, as long as we aren't trying to get away with anything. Bench the shoot, call it what it is, and let the cards fall as they may! As long as we are trying to follow the rules, that is what I think is important.

Ahh ok.. I figured since there is no 'owner' that when the card actually changed hands, even down the road with no monetary considerations (if that was/is the plan) then its considered hardware sharing. Someone better beat the tar out of that thing then!!! :)

I could loan you my 4670 and you can make legal submissions with it, as i haven't.
Hardware sharing is fine, it's multiple people submitting with shared hardware that is.

EDIT:
As i understand it.

I guess thats what Im getting at/concerned with... again, where the card is going in the end I think is important to determine what is legal. If Brolloks benches with it, submits results and IMOG decides to make a raffle at the party for ownership of the card, then its obviously going to a bench member who will post boints with it... I know thats extreme but it makes the point of where the card is going makes the difference.........as I understand it. LOL.

Should I just STHU already? Really, dont be shy... :p

Last edited:
Ya, I think the point you make is good. Its ok to shutup now. :) Brolloks and I working on the details and will have it straight by the party. Unfortunately, its complicated also by review needs but we'll figure it out, as well as make sure the boints thing is done in a legit way.

To me, the card is mine/an overclockers.com card at the party, which means one person can use it to submit results at the party. After the party, and once review requirements are accounted for, I will release ownership and there will be a giveaway or reward that would constitute a change of ownership from overclockers.com to whoever the ultimate owner is. I guess we'd need maxi or massman to weigh in on this.

Or you can just not submit anything for points and bench what you want. :)

the question is- if we let brolloks use it to make sli and he then lets ibob use his to run sli is that legal. I know that the 3 can also make a tri sli submission. but can we as a team loan our card to one and then the one we loan it to loan his different card to another and get another sli, and then choose one of the 2 guys to run a tri sli?

the question is- if we let brolloks use it to make sli and he then lets ibob use his to run sli is that legal. I know that the 3 can also make a tri sli submission. but can we as a team loan our card to one and then the one we loan it to loan his different card to another and get another sli, and then choose one of the 2 guys to run a tri sli?

As I interpreted the rules that is legal. But then there is that whole spirit of the game thing. :chair:

there's a thread on this in the lounge, I started it and it's called "Hardware sharing at the party" I pm'd massman and got him to weigh in on it (funnily enough, how we got the gigabyte sponsorship which lead back to the legality questions)

Back