• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Goals for the benching party

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wont there have to be an 'owner' of that card in order to submit boints for it? At least in single card setups...

I was THIS close ([..]) to sending my water stuff down to strap on to my 470 too... I guess it will just have to sniff LN2 fumes to keep it cool. 875/1750 with 1.075 isnt bad clocks on water (and not sure if thats the limit, it ran vantage there). ;)

Get in line kow! :p

Seriously, Im good with watching someone else torture that bad boy. if I meet my goals with my hardware, I will be quite pleased. With Dejo's known good boards, its up to me to make it happen. So really likely wont have time outside my hardware anyway.

Wont there have to be an 'owner' of that card in order to submit boints for it? At least in single card setups...

Yea...we can't all use it for bionts. But the two guys with 580s could use it for SLI runs I think.

I say if someone does something really legit with it...we let them have the boints.

Correct, as it is a "pot" card nobody can claim boints on it, sorry, gotta follow 'em rules:salute:
even if I "borrow" it to do SLi i wont claim the boints

all of us that dont own one could bench it and see who gets the most bointage with it and them be the owner while here at the party

So no boints at all out of it... oh well. It will be awesome to torture anyway!!!

Can anyone with a clue check out my goals and see if they are realistic or if Im just off my rocker? I would really appreciate that glance!!!

PS- thats all with the i7 920. W3570 did not make the trip as I needed a functional rig for some review stuff at home. :cry: :bday:

Seems to me like it's more that only one person can claim the boints. Someone certainly can, and as long as only one person does everything is cool.

Well, lets see...

I want to:

...break the 100 boint mark (a bit over 50 to go).
...break 30k in 06 (card on air now, but CPU under water..). [~3.8 + 3.3 boints]
...break 5 seconds in Wprime32. [~17 + 3 boints]
...break 2:45 seconds in Wprime1024. [~11.5 + 1.8 boints]
...break 5.3Ghz with i7 920 for Cpuz. [~20 boints]
...break 7.8 in Spi 1M. [~22 boints]
...break 7:30 in Spi 32M. [~16 + 2.1 global]

01 could be a challenge, if no core2 chip.

30k in 06 is very doable with a 470 as I have done it on dice with a 920.

5sec in wprime32 is doable as well, have a board that will get you there if your chip is up to it.

2.45sec in wprime1024 isnt going to happen with a nehalem chip, sorry.

7.8sec in supi 1m is very doable, again, I have a board that will help if needed

7:30 in supi 32m is going to happen for you, will make sure of it

Well, the thing is we dont know what IMOG has in store for us with that card. If we want to get boints out of it, SOMEONE has to get it, and own it. So for now, until we know what is to actually come of it, its likely just going to get a train ridden on it. :p

Once again Joe, I have a board that is capable of 257+ if the chip is also up to it. Your 920 should get you where you need to be.

earthdog, I got you covered on the c2d, you can bum my e8300, assuming it does half decent under cold...never even oc'd the thing, if not i've got an e5400 and a q6600 that you could try. Brollocks'll have his REX, you just gotta get a bit of time on it (hell, you could go right after me if you wanted, have the chip revved up and ready to go) and 100k is doable for you...so mark that one off!

Once again Joe, I have a board that is capable of 257+ if the chip is also up to it. Your 920 should get you where you need to be.
Yuppers... knew that. It should be good to that ballpark. Again you are awesome!!!

For clarity, Im not touching 01, just some 06 and maybe vantage with this setup. The 2:45 was 2 minutes 45 seconds in Wprime 1024. :)

Outside of the mobo and pot (and optical) that should be all Im using. :)

Yuppers... knew that. It should be good to that ballpark. Again you are awesome!!!

For clarity, Im not touching 01, just some 06 and maybe vantage with this setup. The 2:45 was 2 minutes 45 seconds in Wprime 1024. :)

Outside of the mobo and pot (and optical) that should be all Im using. :)

at 5250 my 920 did 2min 24 secs so should be no problem.

I got 100k+ in 3d01 with my 980x, it's doable just not as easy as with a c2d.

GREAT! You guys have been probably going nuts with this... A foreign user coming up with idea's might spark something you haven't thought of yet...

I direct you to this post:

We are. Please PM me if you have any further input on this front, and I can work with you on the feedback. This thread was started for benchmarking goals, and its sort of getting pulled off topic.

Now, I'm going to clean up this thread so it can remain on the topic for which it was started. Please try to keep from derailing it further. Thanks in advance.

Back