• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chimp Challenge 2010 - Passkey Request Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for those words of wisdom orion, Mark, and Outback. So to all others, let me summarize.

• Do NOT Change Your Passkey in the middle of a Work Unit.

• Do use the -oneunit flag to stop your client at the end of a Work Unit, THEN change the user name to T32monkeys with Passkey.

• Anyone Folding in the March Madness contest, please keep an eye on your bigadv machines over the next week. If you finish a WU this Thursday, Friday, or later then it would be prudent to go ahead and switch it over to T32monkeys with Passkey. In light of this, I will be distributing the Passkey sooner than I anticipated. See below.

• Passkey Delivery: The Passkey will be delivered DAILY from now throughout the Chimp Challenge.
I will begin delivering the Passkey beginning April 27th to those who have posted here. I will maintain a list in the Top Post of this thread detailing who has been sent the Passkey. If the list says you were delivered a Passkey but you do not have it, please PM me.

Carp... it's late. I'm going to bed. I'll start on this Passkey distribution tomorrow evening... what can I say, I've gotta work on HFM some time. :D

All Passkey Requests to this point should be fulfilled, please post in this thread if you need a Passkey.

There have only been 16 requests for a Passkey, I know there's more of you out there who need one. Time's a tickin'... :)

This is one of these circle arguments - since by definition you are always after the start, how do you avoid losing the bonus then?

1. -oneunit b4 current unit ends
2. change your config after the unit ends and folding shuts down.
3. restart the client with ehe new name and passkey

No its not just that easy on the bigadv...

on another note...

I do not need the passkey changed - just the name on the GPU clients

It needs to be changed on the smp and bigadv - for the bonus

Correct?

Last edited:
1. -oneunit b4 current unit ends
2. change your config after the unit ends and folding shuts down.
3. restart the client with ehe new name and passkey

No its not just that easy on the bigadv...

on another note...

I do not need the passkey changed - just the name on the GPU clients

It needs to be changed on the smp and bigadv - for the bonus

Correct?

Correct... the steps you've listed for switching SMP clients will work beautifully.

There is no need to change your Passkey on GPU clients at this time. Just changing the name to T32monkeys is all you need to do. :)

All Passkey Requests to this point should be fulfilled, please post in this thread if you need a Passkey.

I know there's more of you out there who need one. Time's a tickin'... :)

Back