• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chimp Challenge 2010 - Passkey Request Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harlam357

Senior Fold-a-holic
Chimp Challenge 2010 - Passkey Request Thread

Do you need a Passkey??? Are you going to Fold bigadv or SMP2 (Core A3) WUs in the Chimp Challenge this year?

Then the answer is yes!!! If you used your personal Passkey on SMP clients doing Core A2 WUs in last year's Chimp Challenge, then you may already be qualified to receive bonus points. If not or if in doubt, don't sweat it!!! Simply post here and request a Passkey that has been pre-qualified with the T32monkeys user name. It will be delivered from me to you via PM.

Switching to T32monkeys and using the Passkey

• Do NOT Change Your Passkey in the middle of a Work Unit.

• Do use the -oneunit flag to stop your client at the end of a Work Unit, THEN change the user name to T32monkeys with Passkey.

• Anyone Folding in the March Madness contest, please keep an eye on your bigadv machines over the next week. If you finish a WU this Thursday, Friday, or later then it would be prudent to go ahead and switch it over to T32monkeys with Passkey. In light of this, I will be distributing the Passkey sooner than I anticipated. See below.

• Passkey Delivery: The Passkey will be delivered DAILY from now throughout the Chimp Challenge.
I will begin delivering the Passkey beginning April 27th to those who have posted here. I will maintain a list in this post detailing who has been sent the Passkey. If the list says you were delivered a Passkey but you do not have it, please PM me.

Please DO NOT SHARE the T32monkeys Passkey with anyone outside of Team 32!!!

Passkeys Delivered
  • disk11
  • AMD_OCER
  • Jolly-Swagman
  • ihrsetrdr
  • deadlysyn
  • Outback_Jon
  • Rpkole
  • sno.lcn
  • Surferseth
  • ozzlo
  • orion456
  • aviationfrk
  • NV
  • molnarc
  • klear
  • Mark620
  • dark bishop
  • gottcha
  • flaughert
  • oakstave
  • Bomber5000
  • don256us
  • Shelnutt2
  • torin3
  • FatCamel
  • Voidn
  • HanComp
  • DismorphiC
  • Sir-Epix

Last edited:
I am working on having 3 bigadv machines ready for the start date. But when does the passkey actually take effect? Is it when the WU starts or when then the WU is reported. ie: is it ok to change the passkey an hour before the start time, or should it be in place when the WU starts - is the passkey cached or simply read at the time of sending the finished WU?

Bigadv takes a few days to complete, so what's the policy on starting them early or is that against the rules?

Meantime, I will need a passkey.

Last edited:
I am working on having 3 bigadv machines ready for the start date. But when does the passkey actually take effect? Is it when the WU starts or when then the WU is reported. ie: is it ok to change the passkey an hour before the start time, or should it be in place when the WU starts - is the passkey cached or simply read at the time of sending the finished WU?
DO not change username/Passkey after the start of a unit - you will loose the bonus

Bigadv takes a few days to complete, so what's the policy on starting them early or is that against the rules?
Start as soon as you want.

DO not change username/Passkey after the start of a unit - you will loose the bonus.

This is one of these circle arguments - since by definition you are always after the start, how do you avoid losing the bonus then?

Back