• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Bulldozer rumors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your huh and raise you a ?. I thought my statement was pretty straight forward. :)

Review is up guys. This thread does not need to be around that much longer. We will be moving conversation to the review thread.

and there it is...another weak cpu from AMD; i dunno what's up with that company. it's not like the 2600k wasnt available for them to benchmark and know what they had to beat, yet they couldn't do it. maybe AMD lost all their smart engineers.

Nice review there men, I think that if they made the chip at the $200 mark it would be a sure-fire winner, but at $245-$250 and putting it right between the $200 2500k and $300 2600k, I'm safe to recommend anyone that asks me to spend the extra $50 and get the 2600k.

Shall we start Piledriver rumor? Dolk started this thread 10 months before BD came out. How about another 10 to wait for a shameful CPU?

The bad thing is is the 2600k goes on sale on the net regularly at $280. NCIX will PM that price as well (as well as $180 for the 2500k) so theres no reason NOT to go Intel. AMD is really no longer cheaper. $240 for BD or $280 for 2600k? Hmmmm, thats a no brainer.

Nice review there men, I think that if they made the chip at the $200 mark it would be a sure-fire winner, but at $245-$250 and putting it right between the $200 2500k and $300 2600k, I'm safe to recommend anyone that asks me to spend the extra $50 and get the 2600k.

You have to look at the total system cost as the article mentions. How much more will the triple channel memory and motherboard cost? It's a larger difference than just $50.

SB is dual channel memory so no cost differences there. And you can get a highly functional/feature rich board for $150...strikingly similar no? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back