• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Bulldozer rumors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! :rofl:
Even funnier today!
Not being sarcastic of course

EDIT: didn't see at first that you changed the text!!!:rofl:² "Techs in Tights" Can't stop laughing!

Last edited:
Now, where is that guy who was in here saying 'haha I have inside info, bulldozer is gonna rule, you'll see!'

Now, where is that guy who was in here saying 'haha I have inside info, bulldozer is gonna rule, you'll see!'

But it might depending on the marketing in the OEM sector. The lemming do as they are told and buy what they are told is good. May not out benchmark Intel but may outsell it.

But it might depending on the marketing in the OEM sector. The lemming do as they are told and buy what they are told is good. May not out benchmark Intel but may outsell it.

Exactly. We have to remember that "we" overclockers make a tiny portion of the market. If I were to allow my parents to buy another OEM computer they would buy whatever the best buy no nothing saleperson said was best.

If anything, at least this CPU line has = performance to a 2500 (and sometimes 2600) intel CPU in gaming.

That'll sell a lot of gaming PCs. The downside of that coin is that you're really not getting anything better out of the AMD cpu. The platform is better (more PCIE, better SATA), but the actual CPU itself ends up drawing time and a half the power of its Sandybridge counterpart to, at the end of the day, deliver the same number of oranges... By no means is this impressive. Its actually quite the massive disastrous failure. At least 'it'll blend', though...

If they'd called this CPU something gentler... Maybe Rosehedge or Northcreek or a random, forgettable CPU name... but to call it Bulldozer and then have it turn out to barely be Forklift... Bleh..

2600K is what spanked it in my review. No 2500K + 6970 combo to bench here unfortunately. 2500K was limited to 2D. Based on those results though, it should be about on par with the 2500K, but -and it's a big but, generally only applying to the most recent titles- only in those games that can take advantage of all the threads available.

2600K is what spanked it in my review. No 2500K + 6970 combo to bench here unfortunately. 2500K was limited to 2D. Based on those results though, it should be about on par with the 2500K, but -and it's a big but, generally only applying to the most recent titles- only in those games that can take advantage of all the threads available.

And if you aren't playing at a CPU-intensive resolution (<1080p), as it looks like it gets demolished there.

guys this is amds first attempt at something new give em a chance they have not perfected it yet this is just phase one in amds plan to take over intel! soon i think amd will have a 10ghz++++ overclocking monster that intel isnt going to touch and amd will say guess what it eats everything you have and its a third of the price so ha ha ha ha eat that intel lol!!! please excuse me i had a bit of amd disappointment, wishful thinking, fanboyism, and lack of sleep manic mixed emotion episode!!!!! good try amd i know your plan :)

guys this is amds first attempt at something new give em a chance they have not perfected it yet this is just phase one in amds plan to take over intel! soon i think amd will have a 10ghz++++ overclocking monster that intel isnt going to touch and amd will say guess what it eats everything you have and its a third of the price so ha ha ha ha eat that intel lol!!! please excuse me i had a bit of amd disappointment, wishful thinking, fanboyism, and lack of sleep manic mixed emotion episode!!!!! good try amd i know your plan :)

If only they had another 3 years to make something that was competitive. :popcorn:

well is piledriver based on bd's architecture if so then amd already knows that it can perform better they just need a little more time to figure it out!

Well at least I wasn't looking forward to updating soon.

I'm waiting on Ivy Bridge and Trinity. I'm always interested in new technology anyways. I hope you guys find some fun out of Bulldozer, see just how much you can over clock it :sn:

I'm thinking (hoping) piledriver will be to bulldozer what Phenom II was to Phenom. The second time around, AMD got their act together. And after the past few years, the Stars cores are still decently competitive. Do I hear a piledriver rumors thread??

I'm thinking (hoping) piledriver will be to bulldozer what Phenom II was to Phenom. The second time around, AMD got their act together. And after the past few years, the Stars cores are still decently competitive. Do I hear a piledriver rumors thread??

what/when is piledriver? and it's expected release date (or projected quarter?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back