• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1090T + Crosshair IV on the torture bench

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Was hoping for a spi run at 6500mhz but came short, should have separate in 2 sessions, 1 for 2d and 1 for 3d.... well I'll givi it another shot, I'm really proud of my 06 run, the only higher score I have higher than that is with the gulftown (was not under LN2 tho) but I wouls say it's on par with a good i7....

Cleaned up off topic posts to make things a bit quicker getting to the actual results. Please be considerate - if your post isn't about icebob's setup or results, start your own thread. Private Message works also for offtopic stuff. :thup:

Thx Matt, now just need to redo the 2d stuff and get that vista drive to work! Was really fun to bench with the pot fill up to the rim!

It depends, if they're bad, sell them, if they're good bench them again! but I like to keep a big variety avail so when a competition show up that required specific hardware to enter, most of the time I already have it.

You know this isn't easy trying to figure out who is who in this thread.... There should be a rule against this.

Anyway CPU gets here tomorrow... long story on that.

Now to the direct question to Ice, have you put this CPU on your old UD5 yet?

You know this isn't easy trying to figure out who is who in this thread.... There should be a rule against this.

Anyway CPU gets here tomorrow... long story on that.

Now to the direct question to Ice, have you put this CPU on your old UD5 yet?

+1 on that!

And +1 to the UD5 results. I have a similar board and would like to see results. :D

That UD5 is long gone, if you spend some time in the lounge you would know my feeling about Gigabyte!!! For the first part of your post what are you talking about? if it's about the avatar, it's NHL playoff season so we just show that we support our team! Go Habs Go! On a side note I still have a Crosshair III in the closet, already sprayed for cold goodness, if you wanna try lemme know...

That UD5 is long gone, if you spend some time in the lounge you would know my feeling about Gigabyte!!! For the first part of your post what are you talking about? if it's about the avatar, it's NHL playoff season so we just show that we support our team! Go Habs Go! On a side note I still have a Crosshair III in the closet, already sprayed for cold goodness, if you wanna try lemme know...
I haven't been particularly thrilled with my Intel Gigabyte board (or the ABit Intel for that matter) but Gigabyte seems to have done a good job with the AMD chipsets. Wasn't it a Gigabyte board that macci used when he broke the X4 record at 7+ GHz ...?

Never been lucky with those sun of a gun! but will try the UD9 for sure, worst case scenario, should make a good frisbee!!!!

If you wanna trade the Cross III for a m3a79T-D then yes :D

I don't think I'll be needing a FX with DDR3 for when I'm working with the 1090T. I do plan to do stuff with a 890GX and FX board though.

Back