• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1090 T first time on new board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tweak-venetica-

hey guys whats up, i just received my crosshair IV Extream today, and with a first run i got sooooo lucky with a nice mediocre overclock on my phenom 1090T 4.1 Ghz stable , and great temps , i know i need to post a issue or a update , but i'm in a good mood haha , and havent been on OCF for a while so thought i might let my budz know of my progress ,

system specs

CPU : phenom 1090T @ 4.1ghz
cooling : corsair h70
Memory : corsair dominator 1600 cl 8 ( i know this is my bottel neck ! )
motherboard : asus crosshair IV extreame
3D setup : Asus matriX 5870 P
: ausu GTX 460 Top 1024mb ( physX )
chassis : antec 1200

Stock temps
Capture001638.jpg

CPUz validation
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1527180

after installing all the softwares and getting a proper background ran the AOD bench (OC)

Capture003.jpg

some CINE bench images

CPU ( ALL )
Capture004.jpg

CPU ( 1 core )
Capture005.jpg

finally GPU
Capture006.jpg

rand AOD stability for 1 H i know its not the best but its all i have for now , i'll downloads more things and test more

oke and super PI

Capture008.jpg

and vantage ( out of full fairness i disabled the GTX 460 on the motherboards pciX disable switches next to the memory , so no physX or contributed performance from GTX 460 )

Capture009.jpg

the OC specs are

CPU @ 4.1 Ghz 20.5 x 200 1.55V
3D card @ 950 / 1200 1.17V
NB 3000 mhz 1.28 V
HT 1800 mhz Auto

hope you guys are as happy as me hehe that was fun !! :comp:

I did yes on my new OC of 4.2 stable with a night run , done some research and noticed my voltages were a bit higher than needed , so dropped them and got nicer temps , but i hit a brick wall , i run vantage stable and AOD and CINE and even Super PI @ 4.35 but note Prime , Prime crsahes the system here are images of the new OC ,

Capture015.jpg

CPU 4.2 ghz 1.51V
NB 3.0ghz 1.2V
HT 1.8Ghz auto

and CINE @ 4.2 ghz
Capture016.jpg

here is AOD @ 4.35 but its not Prime stable

Capture017.jpg

this cant be it , i'm sure better cooling and fine tweaking i could get it stable , i know the higher the OC the lower you need to keep the CPU temp below the 55 'C safe for 4.3 is 47'C , my core temps are below that but my CPU is at 53 'C so no go there ! grrr! i belive 4.2 is my cap ? did notice the mother board has a max of 1.7 CPU + 0.3 Over volt and a jumper to get 2.5 + .3 over volt hehe so voltage head room , no problem , i just dont want to waist my machine on dice , have no XP in it so yeah , guess i'm stuck at 4.2 ghz

:)

Damin , i checked what most ppl are getting as ambient room temps , WTF !! i do around 28-32 ar night and 35-40 at day some days even 48'C were do yall stay that is soo cold ?

Michigan here and 20°c right now is on a warm day. it's normally in the house about 16°c.

wtf ! i could chill my h70 cooler at those temps !! wtf by the way update on the overclock , updated the bios and prime95 4 hours stable got 4.16 with alot less voltage 1.46V and much better stability and performance and much better Temps , i'll keep posted but here a quick snap

Capture018633.jpg

My system is out in the garage. Ambient at night, after work in there is like 2 or 3c max. The other day my ceiling after 24 hrs of boincing was 20c with all 6 cores at 100% :D

your very lucky temp is my problem now with my golden chip , one question , any idea why my NB mhz can exceed 3000mhz ? a single mhz more and the pc just wont start up then i need too cold boot , ( switch off for 10 sec ) and tap del to get into the bios , ? 3000 cant be my max the mobo shows 6000mhz even 1.22V doesn't post ?

A true OC is one that is stable but checking the waters above stable will give you an idea of what the potential is. One that is bound to crash is more of what some call a suicide run or just max oc which is good for bragging rights as long as we state it's not stable and when it is.

As far as HWBot is concerned, it only needs to complete the benchmark and take a proper screenshot.
For CPUz it needs to be validated by canardPC (the CPUz validation people), but that's it.
They don't care at all whether it's stable or not beyond that.

A true OC is any OC IMO.

A useful OC for 24/7 needs to be stable enough for your 24/7 stuff.

A useful OC if you're running FAH/etc needs to be very stable, as you're working for Science.

Back