• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newbies and vaguely interested people: Feel free to ask questions!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Each benchmark has different rules, you can find the rules for each bench here, they also give you a sample of the screens needed for a successful submition

I looked a few samples I will start when I get home. Can i use previous bench scores or will I have to redo each bench?

Unfortunately if you didn't have that information in the previous score you will need to re-do them for the screenshot.

Ok played aroud a bit. Is this layout ok?

Open up another CPUz with the Memory tab open, and can you show the individual subtests in the browser window?

Also, when uploading a image in a thread, use the paperclip icon after you upload it so it inserts it into the post like this:

Capture.PNG

I did use the paper clip. On another note I posted that on hwbot with out the memory clip do you think it will still be valid?

Or just use an offsite host like imgur.com :)

Nah, then images could become broken in the future :D

I did use the paper clip. On another note I posted that on hwbot with out the memory clip do you think it will still be valid?

You have to insert the attachment into your post with the tags, or they image will be small and unreadable like in your post.

Your submission will probably be alright without the memory tab, but hwbot staff told me to use show the memory tab even while doing 3D benches.

I inserted it for him. I need to save mortifer's image insertion infographic, it is helpful for telling people how to insert images so that they resize nicely. ;)

So recently, I've finally stumbled into the world of multi-gpu computing... and I'm curious;

Do these benches exploit PhysX at all? I feel like it would be neat if one could get more than 2 benching configs out of a given dissimilar GPU setup.

Well, sort of.
3dmark Vantage can use it for the "CPU" tests (it's an nvidia funded marketing ploy).
On HWBot however, using it for vantage is illegal, as it renders the "CPU" tests entirely GPU based and kills any small semblance of competition between ati and nvidia.

Gotcha, so run them for curiosity... just don't upload to HWBot.

Does the team need benches for an 8600GT or 9800GT driven by an i7-2600? How does one check the current team submissions regarding what's been run for a given bit of hardware?

There are at least six different flavors of 8600gt, so I'm going with "probably" on that one.

9800GT has been hit pretty hard by Woomack with a 5.1xx 2600k, so there probably isn't much you can do on that front for the team. For yourself it'd be worthwhile just for the entertainment value if nothing else.

Question - can somebody link me to a volt mod guide?
I have a HD3650 reference card that could use the extra juice.
At the moment it performs worse than my old 2600 Pro :shrug: ..

Last edited:
I wrote up a halfway decent DIY guide in the lounge, look for superbg's voltmod thread.
That specific card I have no clue. If you take some decently high res pics of the back of the card I can probably point you in the right direction.

I wrote up a halfway decent DIY guide in the lounge, look for superbg's voltmod thread.
That specific card I have no clue. If you take some decently high res pics of the back of the card I can probably point you in the right direction.
Mmmkay, thanks!
I'll grab a friend of mine's camera once I grow a pair and start going out again (too cold for me at this point, walking at -20c is not fun). :thup:
I can snap a quick picture right now, but I don't think my HTC Wildfire's "5MP" camera will show you what you need.

-20c is a bit chilly. I wouldn't want to walk around outside much.

Back