• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good case for under 100 with PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KBemani

Registered
Yeah, i just got a case and didnt realise how crappy it was until i finally saw it. I want a case that has at least 3 5" bays and at least 2 external 3" bays, one for zip and one for floppy. The case i got has 4 5" bays and no external 3" bays and i dont want to use a kit to make 2 of the 5" into 3" because that would only leave 2 5" bays, and i need about 3. Does anyone know of a good case that has at least 3 5" bays and at least 2 external 3" bays? Please let me know

Thanks,
KBemani

Ive heard good things about the supercase, the full tower motherboard tray folds down and you can take it out. The mid is only 39 plus 15 shipping and handling with a 300 watt psu...

I would probably look at some Enlight cases, they seem pretty good and reasonably priced. I will be buying an Addtronics full tower case, but those are about $80 w/o a psu. Good luck.

drdingo21 said:
Ive heard good things about the supercase, the full tower motherboard tray folds down and you can take it out. The mid is only 39 plus 15 shipping and handling with a 300 watt psu...

I agree, Supercase rocks. I have two of them, 1 full tower (with wheels) and 1 mid tower. I love the full, it is the best, and only $60+ with psu.

You can get one at www.servercase.com.

look for a 4q full tower
it's only $45 +s/h

http://www.webuildpcs.com/product.asp?0=200&1=285&3=5

FullTowerCase-ALL.jpg

and you can see mine (modded) here....
http://www.mjstebbins.com/case.htm

I think the best case you could ever hope to get for "under" $100 is the Antec SX1030 SOHO server case. I'm saving up for one.

You can get a computer platinum one here for $89.

Or a black one here for the same price.

no way the best case for under $100 is a Allien full tower:D

I just got one from a local computer store for $80!!!!
I just wouldnt use this case if you went air cooling sense it doesnt have that many fan holes for fans

but omg this thing looks soo awesome I cant wait to take it to a LAN party :D

Warlord2 said:
no way the best case for under $100 is a Allien full tower:D

I just got one from a local computer store for $80!!!!
I just wouldnt use this case if you went air cooling sense it doesnt have that many fan holes for fans

but omg this thing looks soo awesome I cant wait to take it to a LAN party :D

Cheater. Where's the pride in buying a pre-painted or pre-modded case? Lazy punk. Do your own mods!

I agree with you, wheres the pride in buying a premodded case? I decided to go with this full tower case right here:

i got a Enermax 350watt PSU to go with that too

Cheater. Where's the pride in buying a pre-painted or pre-modded case? Lazy punk. Do your own mods!

hey now

I didnt say Im not going mod the living **** out of it:D

theres already 4 holes marked and ready to cut
also may put in a window and some blue lights if everything works out

I tryed painting a case and I just didnt think it was worth the time I put in it......

I change around cases too much for me to put so much money and time into one case

sorry, here is the link:

I have that case too
I really liked it untell I put 8 holes in it and really mess up the paint job:D

the only thing I didnt like about that case in that it was for some reason really sqeaky and the sides where a pain to get on

very good case though for mods and whatnot

naw.

The Power and Reset button placement sucks for modding a frontal fan...

trust me i have a case with a similar setup and i had to wire the tiny reset button as my power button to fit in a fan hole/duct.

Back