• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Reckon "INTEL Wants Us Dead"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Erg, I don't want AMD to go bye bye. Im a fan of both companies, but Intel is starting to annoy me.

As for AMD, ya shouldent have wasted 500L of Liquid Nitrogen and Helium on your CPU OCing. I hope you have enough to get a good lawyer, this sux. = (

lets go sabotage Intel. Lol jk.

Erg, I don't want AMD to go bye bye. Im a fan of both companies, but Intel is starting to annoy me.

As for AMD, ya shouldent have wasted 500L of Liquid Nitrogen and Helium on your CPU OCing. I hope you have enough to get a good lawyer, this sux. = (

lets go sabotage Intel. Lol jk.

This is old news no body is going anywhere it is ok:beer: I just wondered if anyone had heard anything lately.

That is what they are allowed to do. I think the real question is % ownership of foundry.

AMD could pull the 64bit extensions if it is found that Intel is trying to break the contract themselves.

I do not know how well the 64bit x86 would do without the full x86 base+extensions though, but it would work in the 64 bit realm it would most likely be comparable to the P pro insomuch that it did 32 bit very well and sucked at 16 bit.

Wait... intel has access to anything AMD makes as long as it slightly uses x86??

Thats so gay. How is AMD ment to compete if anything they make can be used by intel?

The last volley was from the EU commission slapping intel with a fine. Possibly an attempt the get them to back off the x86 stuff.

And to add to that Bama my predictions were correct AMD has said they will pull the plug on Intel if Intel attempts to violate some aspects themselves in the pursuit of these litigations. AMD could potentially force Intel into the corner and come out on top.

Worst case they put each other under and we have IBM and the ARM.

Thanks for the update, AngelfireUk83.

This sounds like the Intel I've come to know. In this case, familiarity has bread contempt. :mad:

Cheers! :beer:

R7

To revive a old thread on the INTEL Vs AMD case and stuff it looks like INTEL have returned fire by suing AMD the following is taken from The Inquirer......

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1558723/intel-sues-amd

INTEL'S LEGAL EAGLES are suing AMD in America as part of its defence in an antitrust case it has already lost in Europe.

The AMD versus Intel antitrust fight is going for a rematch in the US courts and it appears that Chipzilla is getting mean right from the start.

It has asked a judge to throw the book at AMD for failing to retain documents in the case it filed against Intel in June of 2005.

Intel also asserts that AMD misrepresented its efforts and tried to hide its failures from the court and Intel.

In March of 2007 Intel moaned to the court that AMD had not kept documents in regards to the case. A court order to fix the problem was issued.

Chipzilla claims this effort has cost it tens of millions of dollars. It says that it delivered nearly two hundred million pages of documents to AMD in discovery.

But while AMD was telling the world plus dog that it had instituted an "exemplary" scheme for document retention, that any problems it had were "innocent and innocuous" and any data losses were "inconsequential", Intel is saying that this is far from the case.

An Intel spokesperson said that it had evidence that appears to show that AMD's "exemplary" scheme to retain documents was not even close.

"Intel has discovered a number of problems with AMD process, including certain executives and employees at AMD that failed to retain documents and emails. It also appears that AMD failed to begin retaining documents when it reasonably anticipated the litigation, something that is required by law," Chipzilla whinged (PDF) in a court filing.

It claims that AMD engaged in a secret scheme to selectively restore documents from backup tapes to analyze the scope of its retention failures, all the while denying to Intel and the court that it was doing so or that there ever was a problem.

It's on the same case as it's a long the lines of the anti-trust case and what not so pointless in starting a new thread since it's on talk here.

Another win for the legal system, rofl @ 2005 documents.

I want to know when the law will actually become accelerated by the digital age, yup probably never.

Legal runarounds from Intel - well, what did you expect? This time they already know they're in trouble and I'm sure they'll do everything they can , legal or not, to delay the case. After all, the tobacco companies managed to keep their whole thing going for decades. :shrug:

In the end it doesn't matter - we all know they're guilty. Now it's just a matter of how much, if any, money is involved ...

Back