• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AJ'S Mini Italian Build Log!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Spot cooling for.................nothing that needs it. That would be nice for extreme cooling however... though I hang mine off the rods of the pot.

Janus that's no fan on a stick, "That's my Sunflower as Trents said earlier" And this is my Garden of PC Eden lol. AJ. :D :p :thup:

ED Thanks for the nice remarks. AJ.

Last edited:
Well done Ajay! Excellent setup and it looks great.

If I can recommend only one thing, that one fan thats lighted kind of throws everything off... If you are going to keep that LED fan I would try to balance it by putting a 4" or 12" cathode on the far side in relation to where you sit (so it's not in your face) to give it some better distribution of lighting. Even below the motherboard, you can put the cathode wires in one of those little holes and use a 3M double-sided square. No excess wiring shown and will still look clean :thup:

As you said just about right mines 13.1 no OC on the GPU, just 4.7 on the CPU Pierre thanks for that my friend. AJ.

P.S. Thanks cullam3n for the advice and the tips, just might try that later but for now i will relax and enjoy!

Last edited:
Thanks MT yeah they seem to go together well at first i could not really decide Blue Bench with white cables or as it is now, as it turns out glad i chose this Combo! AJ.

Last edited:
Thanks Pierre very strange to be dropping like that, one thing i never ask you did you try out the Boost Button?? And what happened after you pressed the button, did you notice any change in heat or performance in the card? Also what happened to the Screens where they OK after the button was pressed? AJ.

Thanks Pierre very strange to be dropping like that, one thing i never ask you did you try out the Boost Button?? And what happened after you pressed the button, did you notice any change in heat or performance in the card? Also what happened to the Screens where they OK after the button was pressed? AJ.

I have used the turbo, and found it worthless. When i tried it first time was while running afterburner, that really messed up things, so be aware, if strange things happen, thats why ;)

Its much easier to just leave the turbo alone and overclock the card. With that said, i havnt tried it and then overclocked, it may be volt unlocked in turbo? Who knows :) Test it if you like.

Good advice as they say, while its working leave it alone thanks Pierre. AJ.

Last edited:
Try not using the boost button while the card is on. Shut down, hit boost button, turn on machine. See if AB still acts funny.

Sorry for not answering to quickly, i am not too well today in a lot of pain with my legs! So going to sit back and try to chill a bit, hopefully get back to it again soon. AJ. :(:rain:

Did these bench marks over the last few day's decide to post them up in the thread for the members and guest who are still looking in. Respect AJ. :thup: ;)

1, http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/6185970

2, http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/6210208

Attachments

• Snap 2013-03-16 at 17.38.49.jpg
    Snap 2013-03-16 at 17.38.49.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Snap 2013-03-16 at 18.30.15.png
    Snap 2013-03-16 at 18.30.15.png
    544.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Snap 2013-03-17 at 12.51.19.png
    Snap 2013-03-17 at 12.51.19.png
    524.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Snap 2013-03-17 at 12.53.35.png
    Snap 2013-03-17 at 12.53.35.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Did some 3DMARK 11 Benching today to try out this new puppy bench here, well members so far so good as they say! Will up load you some of my results for you all to see, but before i do that. I just wish to have a quick mention about the overall Temps we are seeing with this New BENCHING UNIT. On the CPU @ Idle 20c to 23c on full load 32c to 35c and as for the GPU @ Idle 36c to 38c on full load 59c to 61c so one would say a thumbs up for that. AJ. :D :thup:

P.S. Sorry i forgot to mention the House Temp 18c to 20c!

Attachments

• Snap 2013-03-18 at 17.25.18.png
    Snap 2013-03-18 at 17.25.18.png
    383.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Snap 2013-03-18 at 19.46.54.png
    Snap 2013-03-18 at 19.46.54.png
    383.3 KB · Views: 50
What are load temps under a stress test like P95 or Linx, or IBT or... a real 'full load'?

Also, you are using the Realtemp made for a Hex core CPU (notice the missing values there on the right?). Just use the Realtemp.exe and not the RealtempGT (GT stands for Gulftown - a Hex core CPU). Temps will not change of course, but RT will be smaller with not showing the wasted space. ;)

Also remember this is a drag race, not a look pretty thing (benchmarking). Disable Tessellation in CCC for better scores. Dont forget to enable it if you decide to actually play a game with that card. :p ;)

Its in the 43c to 47c using P95 as i tested it when i up my OC to 4.7 and went to Fixed Voltage on the core 1.360v ED. ;) :thup:

Many thanks for the heads up on things will sort that out tomorrow now as its getting late here 9.25pm ED.

Last edited:
Back