• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Woomack's memory test list

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No time for longer tests but I had a chance to check 128GB HyperX Predator 3000 C15 ( 8x16GB ) kit and it's based on Samsung IC, probably B die as most other kits. No issues to run at XMP on ASUS X299 TUF2 and at 2933 on Ryzen using 2 sticks ( I had only ITX mobo with 2 slots ). Ryzen result isn't helping much as I doubt that anyone will spend money on 128GB kit to use 32GB ;)

One review after long break - 4x8GB Patriot Viper 4 3733 on X299. These modules are packed as dual channel and all are based on Samsung B so you can expect about the same as from top memory kits on the market ( 4266+ ).

Soon should be Patriot Viper LED and maybe something from SODIMM tested on X299 motherboard.

In next days/weeks I will test:
Trident Z 2x8GB 4266 C19
Team Xtreem 2x8GB 4133 C18
something from new Kingston Fury kits, not sure yet
Kingston Predator RGB 2933 ( there is only 2933 option )
Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 2666 4x8GB

If anyone is interested in additional tests then please let me know.

HyperX Predator RGB 16GB DDR4-2933 has been added to the list. My tests are only confirming what you can see in the review on the front page. Used IC is new Hynix and memory overclocks up to DDR4-3600 at relaxed timings like CL17/18.

Right now I'm finishing tests of the HyperX Fury DDR4-2933 which will be added soon. The Fury kit is based on Micron E-die IC. Overclocks a bit higher than the new Hynix and runs great on both, Intel and AMD. It's maybe not the Samsung B-die but can count on 3600-3800 CL20 and 1.35V. It's also easier to stabilize on Ryzen at DDR4-3600+ than most Samsung based kits that I was testing.

Mentioned in last post HyperX FURY 32GB / 4x8GB Micron E-die, DDR4-2933 C17 1.20V added to the list.
Results a bit better than expected. Here is screenshot on ASRock X470 Taichi @3733 20-23-23 1.35V.

KHX_Fury_2933_oc1.jpg

KHX_Fury_2933_s1.jpg

very nice work Woomack! im wondering if you have any experiece with these hyperx predator rgb 4000c19 modules? specifically what ics they may be running? im guessing b-die but i have no verification.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GMZKNK6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1
or should i stick with the corsair vengeance rgb pro 3200 c14 b-die i already have? i havent tried ocing them yet only verified its b-die ics.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G8Q7QPY/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_10?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
thanks man!

https://www.overclockers.com/forums...eleases-from-ASUS-GIGABYTE-MSI-and-more/page3
Last post here, I'm testing them right now :)
If you ask me nicely then I will make a thread about them ;)

It's Samsung B from new series, SPD at DDR4-2400 (older series were DDR4-2133).

But really, if you have Samsung B which runs at 3200 14-14-14 then I see no point to change it.

Actually I got this kit because I knew there will be Samsung B but I wasn't counting it will OC so well. It was simply much cheaper than G.Skill and I wanted something else as I simply like to test various kits and I was testing a lot of GSkill kits based on Samsung B.

omg! that is friggin amazing! :drool: ddr4 5052! yeah i should stick with what i have :( but dayum that is an incredible oc! i know on my current chipset i likely couldnt come anywhere close to that but if i get those hyperx now i can always swap those into my next build muhahaha. thx man!

Depends on luck, your sticks can make the same ... results above 5k are on everything from 3200 to 4800 ... and nothing is stable ;)
There are also only a couple of motherboards that will boot above 4600. Officially barely any brand is selling 4500+ memory kits. GSkill's highest memory in stores is 4600 and it's actually 1 memory kit in 2 colors with 2 motherboards on QVL. Most other brands are presenting higher speeds but you can't see them in stores.
In a year will be probably DDR5 so I don't know if there is a point to buy memory for next builds.

i couldnt help myself...i bought a set of the hyperx 4000 :attn: after seeing your oc i was hooked! the difference in price was zero after the google 20% off coupon. that was the kicker that put me over the edge! i havent even tried to oc memory with this mb. ive no idea what these corsair will do with it. which ever clocks the best ill keep. ill get the hyperx on the 14th so ill have a couple days to try these corsair out. i havent played with a good set of memory in a loooong time haha. just waiting for my os back up to finish so i can start pushing them. hehe im sure ill need the back up.

I will probably post some results next week. After that I have to check Team Xtreem 4133 C18 as I have it for some longer and motherboards didn't like this memory. It works at XMP without issues but max boot was ~4300 where some other, in theory worse kits could make 4500+. It also didn't work good on Ryzen. ~3200-3400 was max while GSkill, Patriot or Crucial could make 3600-3733. Now I have a new motherboard so maybe it will work better.

well its official these corsair modules are dogs. i got it stable at 3600 16-18-18- 1.45v vccio 1.25 and having a hell of a time getting anything higher. im talking no boot nothing if i increase the speed or lower the timings lol. at least ill find out if its my mb or if its the modules once the hyperx get here. im hoping its not my mb or this will be a short test!

yep thats the mb. ugh that sucks, thx for the info. its gonna be a short test then, i will try to drop timings at 3200 and see what i can get going that way :( not very hopeful lol.

Hi woomack I read your post on the patriot 3733 c17 and I'm having trouble clocking them similar to yours. You mentioned how easy it was to get to 4000mhz but I'm having instability at anything over 3733. 18-20-20-38-1. I have b-die how come I'm not able to get b-die timings? Also you mentioned that in able to get it to post on ASUS boards you need to change some subtimings, would you happen to have a screenshot of those? I know you reviewed them a long time ago, but I've been trying everything and haven't managed to get anywhere. Thanks :)

Back