• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Problem with 4 risers, 4 gpu's and ASUS Z87-PLUS ATX LGA1150 MOBO black screen..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pacek

Registered
hey

i got MOBO ASUS Z87-PLUS ATX LGA1150

i build a rig and connect all 4 gpu's r9 290 though

2x 1x 16x riser unpowered

1x 1x 16x riser powered

1x 1x 16x riser unpowered

with 2 psu's everything right connected

i run the box and it smooth well to the win 8.1 just the mobo on the run beeps once and then three times ( i guess smth is wrong?!??)

so i see 4 gpu's in gpu-z and when i start cgminer (ltc) get black screen... and then i start again and no picture on monitor... everything runs...hear one and three beeeps in MOBO.. just black screen no matter which GPU...

can't turn on the rig

u got any suggestions what should be wrong.. i check proc, ram, power connections, gpu's..,connections with risers... everything fine

hey

i got MOBO ASUS Z87-PLUS ATX LGA1150

i build a rig and connect all 4 gpu's r9 290 though

2x 1x 16x riser unpowered

1x 1x 16x riser powered

1x 1x 16x riser unpowered

with 2 psu's everything right connected

i run the box and it smooth well to the win 8.1 just the mobo on the run beeps once and then three times ( i guess smth is wrong?!??)

so i see 4 gpu's in gpu-z and when i start cgminer (ltc) get black screen... and then i start again and no picture on monitor... everything runs...hear one and three beeeps in MOBO.. just black screen no matter which GPU...

can't turn on the rig

u got any suggestions what should be wrong.. i check proc, ram, power connections, gpu's..,connections with risers... everything fine

What were the psu's again? 750 watts?

1000w

850w

though add2psu adapter

connected 1000w to mobo, molex for riser, hdd, fans, etc

850w just powering 2 gpu's

1000w

850w

though add2psu adapter

connected 1000w to mobo, molex for riser, hdd, fans, etc

850w just powering 2 gpu's

Plenty of power.. Odd that this doesn't work.

Did you try one card at a time in the mobo till it won't boot/run?

i have this feeling that the mobo may not support 4 cards, can you find a confirmed case where someone runs this mobo with 4 cards ?

if i put the gpu directly to 16x16 slot to mobo and 3 with risers than work

but it's too hot inside box so i can't have one directly in mobo i must have all 4 lifted up with risers...

arrrrr any bios changes ? settings so the mobo would run and accept all 4 risers gpu's ?

if i put the gpu directly to 16x16 slot to mobo and 3 with risers than work

but it's too hot inside box so i can't have one directly in mobo i must have all 4 lifted up with risers...

arrrrr any bios changes ? settings so the mobo would run and accept all 4 risers gpu's ?

You might have to run one card in the mobo's slot.
I know my mobo won't boot unless I have a GPU in the first pcix slot, so that might be the same issue you are having....

i get a solution

i 'hardly' add 1 gpu directly to 16x slot to mobo and 3 up with risers

everything cool and working now :)

thanks for advices and help

i get a solution

i 'hardly' add 1 gpu directly to 16x slot to mobo and 3 up with risers

everything cool and working now :)

thanks for advices and help

Glad we could help, and glad it works! :thup:

Marked the thread as 'Solved' please?

i have now another problem when i run the rig the mobo beeps once and then three times pi pi pi.

seems smth is not right becouse on every 4 - 5 hours of 'medium' normal settings for mining the screen goes black or throw out

minidump/021314-13437-01.dmp

wer-27843-0-sysdata.xml

memory.dmp

error in win 8.1 and error massage

i have 16gb of ram, latest proc.. everything right installed?!?!?!

what should cause the problems? drivers from amd? windows ?

could i do any benchmark programs

or someone know what means if mobo peeps once and then three times when starting the box?

AND WHEN throw system out it BEEPS once in MOBO ...

thanks for answers

i have now another problem when i run the rig the mobo beeps once and then three times pi pi pi.

seems smth is not right becouse on every 4 - 5 hours of 'medium' normal settings for mining the screen goes black or throw out

minidump/021314-13437-01.dmp

wer-27843-0-sysdata.xml

memory.dmp

error in win 8.1 and error massage

i have 16gb of ram, latest proc.. everything right installed?!?!?!

what should cause the problems? drivers from amd? windows ?

could i do any benchmark programs

or someone know what means if mobo peeps once and then three times when starting the box?

AND WHEN throw system out it BEEPS once in MOBO ...

thanks for answers

Check your mobo manual for the beep codes.
I don't know them off by heart.

Also, you need to attach the dump files for anyone to look at them ;)

Wait, i thought you said in the other thread that is was an Asus Z87 pro? here its a plus..

If its a plus it only supports 3 from what i can read on Asus website.

it's the plus

i read also and 'she' support 4 gpu's...

or am i wrong :(

it's the plus

i read also and 'she' support 4 gpu's...

or am i wrong :(

On the face of it, that board only support Dual GPU, no where does it say it support 3.

If it only does 2, and then one more item, then 3 is the max. You need a different motherboard. if you want to run all 4.

hehe badie :)

my bad than..

why so many pci-e slots there? :))

People use different expansion cards. Some may have 2 graphics card and one PCIE SSD, or a sound card. The plus is far from the top model, so you they save on features.

1long, 3short No video card or bad video RAM Reseat or replace the video card.

http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm

its the same code all 3 of my gigabyte mobo's throw everytime i put even a single card in one of them will handle 2 cards one will handle one card and the other on just laughs at me everytime i try anything with it

but the way i get them to work and just turn them on and off until it finally boots

but in your case it may support 4 gpu's but it may not be able to handle 4 gpu's

seems she (gay) asus mobo can't handle 4 gpu's LAAAAAAMEEEEE :)

Back