• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Ghetto Laptop cord

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sunrunner20

Masta Tweeka!
A few years ago I was looking for a second cord to put for my laptop AC adapter. Unfortunately, everywhere I went they were $10+. I had no intention of paying $10 for a freaking CORD. Then, my friend toasted his Mac’s AC power supply with a short from excessive stress on the already to thin cord. He ended up giving it to me in hopes of fixing it, unfortunately it was impossible to fix, the plastic case was welded shut, and the short way to close for the short to be clipped and all good cable to be spliced back in. As I was giving up I noticed something, the cord for the Mac was exactly the same as what my AC adapter wants. At first I was tedious about using it, thinking the connectors might post some sort of arc hazard as they were not designed to be used together, but after watching it closely it pronounced it safe enough. Now, I might have you wondering, "So, why is this so ghetto?" Well, Here is a pic, I think you will understand why. :D

Back