• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ruff night

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
Last night I powered down 1 of my PC's then went to turn it back on and it would not boot, fans was spinning HDD was spinning but no boot.
Short story, I replaced the PSU and all good now, old PSU decided to give up when I powered off :)
So when your PC starts acting up after running fine for 5-10 years, then it may be time to get a new PSU :)

I have two Corsair HX520's that I have been running for 19 years on light duty machines. Haven't turned them off less a couple time to clean the rigs. Oklahoma Wolf recommended them after one of his reviews.

One is in my sig.

I would guess that it had bad caps? Worked fine as long as it kept going.....

PSUs are often the last item looked at when building a new machine. It's not sexy like a GPU or RAM or... They are important though.

I had bad luck with the last power supply I bought to build a system for my daughter. It was a Thermaltake Toughpower PF3 850W 80+ Platinum ATX 3.0. It was dead on arrival.
We assembled the parts carefully and when the time came to turn it on the first time . . . . nothing.

I had bad luck with the last power supply I bought to build a system for my daughter. It was a Thermaltake Toughpower PF3 850W 80+ Platinum ATX 3.0. It was dead on arrival.
We assembled the parts carefully and when the time came to turn it on the first time . . . . nothing.
That sucks. :rain:

Back