• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Matrox G400 32mb any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trueno86

I have the opportunity to buy the card dirt cheap, is it any good? i have a viper ii 32mb right now, is it comparable?

Probably pretty comparable in speed, 2D will be way better with the matrox tho.

Unless I misunderstood the reviews of the new G450, or remember them incorrectly, the G400 is a BETTER Vidcard. Neither of the Matrox cards are gamer's favorites, because their FPS is not so hot. However, if 50 fps is good enough in QIII(and it is--most of the time) the Matrox has a rep as a beautiful 2D card. Which do you look at more often, 2D or 3D?

If it's 3D, you're a gaming maniac, and should avoid the G400 and G450!

I had a g400 dual head,if your planning on hooking it to your tv,,DONT It SUX on a tv. but monitor wise,not too bad,although I had it for about 3 months,and it decided to stop working,,and that was before I got into overclocking. It was strange,I had it in my system when I had a PII350 then I dropped a PIII700 and about a week later,it would no longer work at all, So I put my old voodoo pci card in to get me by till I got the AIW 32DDR Life is good now

I was not too impressed

Back