• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gskill trydent z 7200 2x24 problem to get it stable at 7200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think I just get better than that getting a better aio, stupid me trying to making a full msi setup.
I wouldnt bet on it... the difference between most 360mm aios is only a few C and that's not going to prevent throttling.

Also note, CB is a VERY heavy load. Unless you're rendering like that, temps won't be close (in gaming, for example).

I wouldnt bet on it... the difference between most 360mm aios is only a few C and that's not going to prevent throttling.

Also note, CB is a VERY heavy load. Unless you're rendering like that, temps won't be close (in gaming, for example).
I’ll try then re apply thermal paste, do u have some to recommendation?

I did -0.09 undervolt and voltage to 1320, limited PL1 and PL2 to 288w, p-core all 5.7, e-core 4.5 and ring 4.8. Still 37k. I’m seeing ppl with cooler box hitting 42k +. Idk what I’m doing wrong.

I'd don't think you're doing anything wrong... what are they doing to reach 44k. You're about right...

So, I just ran CB on a 255W 14900K system and scored low 37K, FYI. :)

I'm imagining the boards they are running it on allow for a lot more power to go through and cooling to minimize throttling. Raise the power limit (through whatever program you want to use), don't touch the clockspeeds.

So, I just ran CB on a 255W 14900K system and scored low 37K, FYI. :)

I'm imagining the boards they are running it on allow for a lot more power to go through and cooling to minimize throttling. Raise the power limit (through whatever program you want to use), don't touch the clockspeeds.
Then u saying that 37k isn’t a bad score for gaming? That I’m use my pc for. It’s hitting now 75c with any game, stable, without crash, and 7200 on xmp.

I've been saying it's fine for a while now. :)

For gaming, I wouldn't set all cores to the same speed, let it boost up to the higher clocks it's capable of. But yeah, you're getting what you can out of her.

I've been saying it's fine for a while now. :)

For gaming, I wouldn't set all cores to the same speed, let it boost up to the higher clocks it's capable of. But yeah, you're getting what you can out of her.
Do u recommend then set two for 5.7 and others to 5.4?

Back