• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time to Select a new DAB representative

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChasR

For various reasons, it is time for me to step aside as DAB representative. The people that participate in this subforum should be able to form a consensus on who that person should be. When it is decided, I will introduce the new representative to the DAB and insure assess to the DAB discussion. Not much going on in the DAB right now so this will be a good time to change.

Humm, could this decision to step down also have anything to do with your recent drop in production? I'm assuming you have shutdown the GPUs since the temperatures are starting to rise here in the South.

Btw, I'm not volunteering... just curious as to why you've decided to step down, if you'd like to share. You're the best man for the job IMO.

Basically, I'm loosing interest, I'm not happy with the direction of FAH, it costs too much money to participate at a high level, and I think the DAB rep's opinions should be more in line with the teams top producers than my opinion is.

You have PM.

You mean an awful lot to this Team ChasR, your posts and info are more important then any production you do. Your still going to hang I hope.:grouphug: If I ever had thoughts of slowing, I would think, nope, not gonna let ChasR carry the whole team...

Or will we see you in the gaming section Playing BF3?:)

Last edited:
My sentiments exactly... your expertise is unmatched and we're all the worse off if you're not around, regardless of your production level. I also understand that you're a competitive guy... and if you're not "all in" you might not rather be in at all. "All in" means something different to everyone... I know my "all in" around here is something completely different than it was a few years ago. Times and priorities change.

Thanks for the PM btw... I understand you feel the DAB rep should represent the interests of the top producers, but I think the rep should be someone who has the best interests of the project in mind... and I still think, for Team 32, that's you. But, I won't harp on it. I support whatever you decide to do.

My production will probably never fall to zero. Heck, it might not go below 100k. If I turn off everything I pay the power bill for, I'll still have two 2600Ks, and an i7, along with borgs so old I don't even remember where they are anymore. I'll do it as long as you guys want me to. I am, after all, addicted to this stuff. I just want everyone to be aware that I think BA16 ppd is outrageous to the point of hurting the project, and I will use the position of DAB rep to lobby to bring it back in line.

Perhaps the economy will turn and I'll join the 4P club later this year, who knows. In the meantime, I'll save some serious money on the power bill.

Just for jollies, I ran a few more numbers. A 4P 6174 is 8.5 times as fast as a Q6600 @ 3.2 but is awarded about 50 times the ppd (p6904). A 2600K (4.8 GHz) is 2.5 times as fast as a Q6600 and is awarded 4 times the ppd. Since most of my folding power comes from C2Qs, these numbers mean a lot to me, and they will never seem fair, especially the 4P BA16 numbers.

I'll do it as long as you guys want me to. I am, after all, addicted to this stuff.

I can think of no one more qualified or dedicated to the project. Thanks for being our DAB rep and I hope you will continue in that role.

Addiction? $500+ power bills, even in the winter with the central heat off, and have to keep the windows cracked a little too? Panic when all the UPS are beeping? Sadness when the last of the fans stop running? :D

I just want everyone to be aware that I think BA16 ppd is outrageous to the point of hurting the project, and I will use the position of DAB rep to lobby to bring it back in line.

Fine by me.

The GPU ppd need some work too.

Seems to me that the p6903/4 are the aberrations with absurdly out-of-line points. The p6901 may be a little high, but not too bad. There is a new BA16 being discussed in the beta forum, http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=20717&start=0 which has lower ppd than p6901. Also a link to a table comparing BA ppd wu on various hardware. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aspl6-RkaxtFdEM4d1JLRzdXQ0dVdDlndzBnRklERFE#gid=0

I can think of no one more qualified or dedicated to the project. Thanks for being our DAB rep and I hope you will continue in that role.

+ 1

I just want everyone to be aware that I think BA16 ppd is outrageous to the point of hurting the project, and I will use the position of DAB rep to lobby to bring it back in line.

:thup:

Back