• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The new ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 420 A-RGB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It is about time that engineers have come to their senses and making a cooler with a direct die. This is the one I am getting for my new gaming rig. Any thoughts on it?

for reference: https://www.arctic.de/us/Liquid-Freezer-III-420-A-RGB/ACFRE00145A

wowee... that looks amazing... new pump, new rad, new fans. and a choice of a single cable or cplit into 3 cables for more independent control (pump, vrm fan, rad fans)
those fans look great too. 22.5dbA (0.3 scone) moves almost 69 CFM at 2 mmh20 at 1900 rpm, with 12 A-RGB lights in the fan hub. I would consider using those as case fans to match the AIO in a new build if i could afford it when the new AMD chips hit the market.

PS, i like quiet fans that move a lot of air and have good static pressure

for reference: https://www.arctic.de/us/Liquid-Freezer-III-420-A-RGB/ACFRE00145A

wowee... that looks amazing... new pump, new rad, new fans. and a choice of a single cable or cplit into 3 cables for more independent control (pump, vrm fan, rad fans)
those fans look great too. 22.5dbA (0.3 scone) moves almost 69 CFM at 2 mmh20 at 1900 rpm, with 12 A-RGB lights in the fan hub. I would consider using those as case fans to match the AIO in a new build if i could afford it when the new AMD chips hit the market.

PS, i like quiet fans that move a lot of air and have good static pressure
I agree there is a utube video were the guy reviews and kicks @SS on temps. If anyone wants the link, I can give it to you.can give it to you. here is the link.

The fans I am going to be using for my 420 AIO

Apevia LP314L-RGB Lunar Pro 140mm Silent Dual-Ring RGB Color Changing LED Fans.

Well, did you plug it in? How does it perform? How are the temps? How's the pump noise?
We're months away from a complete system/powering it up. Dude's build is an epic saga, a d were getting random updates like this, in separate threads, lol.

The fans I am going to be using for my 420 AIO

Apevia LP314L-RGB Lunar Pro 140mm Silent Dual-Ring RGB Color Changing LED Fans.

I got a dumb question, why would you use case fans to replace the arctic fans that come with the AIO? I won't get into the Apevia brand but I'm just curious!!!!!

I won't get into the Apevia brand
I will... trash! At least, I remember their 'power supplies' back in the day.... they were better labeled as kindling wood and starting fires than powering PCs. But yeah, Apevia has always been a bargain basement brand for everything in my head... but it's a fan so.... MEH.

I forgot/didn't see that he was replacing the Arctic fans. I'm not sure how much performance he'll going to lose, but it's an overkill unit anyway, so a few C wont make a difference with that massive AIO and mid-range CPU. I wouldn't swap them out on the AIO, either, but he has the headroom for any losses incurred by the move.

I will... trash! At least, I remember their 'power supplies' back in the day.... they were better labeled as kindling wood and starting fires than powering PCs. But yeah, Apevia has always been a bargain basement brand for everything in my head... but it's a fan so.... MEH.

I forgot/didn't see that he was replacing the Arctic fans. I'm not sure how much performance he'll going to lose, but it's an overkill unit anyway, so a few C wont make a difference with that massive AIO and mid-range CPU. I wouldn't swap them out on the AIO, either, but he has the headroom for any losses incurred by the move.
That's the experience I had with that brand also, I was younger and didn't know any better but thankfully I was home when that POS turned into a roman candle or it probably would have burnt my house down.

Back