• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SSD - Solid State Drive Technology Discussion Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
4x16G RAID0 > reads than one 64G drive! :D

I have to get a screenie up, but I just got an HD Tach bench run on my rig. ~488Mb/s sustained and ~1100Mb/s burst! Good times! :drool:

4x16G RAID0 > reads than one 64G drive! :D

I have to get a screenie up, but I just got an HD Tach bench run on my rig. ~488Mb/s sustained and ~1100Mb/s burst! Good times! :drool:

HAHAH
Do you realize that you have one of the sickest rigs on the planet? :beer:

Areca 1231ML + 4 Mtron Pro SSD 16G

Here we go. I dont know why, but certainly my Burst has dropped down from 1100Mb/s earlier. Only thing I have done is load up the drive with windows updates, various OC apps, and 3 games. Still pleased with it overall. My system is completely 100% stock for this testing.

Attachments

• HD Tach.jpg
    HD Tach.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 508
surf try a boost to the pcie(101-110) speed and see if that helps your burst rates.

oczssd.jpg

Again new kids on the blocks

OCZ

'' OCZ will launch two Solid State Drives in 32GB and 64GB capacities. It promises faster than 100MB write and 120MB read speeds which is surely faster than any mechanical drives in market.

.....64GB should cost at least $500 to $600 at launch.'':drool::beer:

sweet SSD's are starting to take of with manfactures, wont be much longer, prices will come down.

yhea ocz are a reputable one...

on another notes , have you guys ever heard of that

unfortunalty the link is dead , i wonder what it worth performance wise

SDtoSSD.jpg

frank that is the first time i have seen that. it would be interesting but the life for the SD cards wouldnt be that long compared the NAND flash.

oczssd.jpg

OCZ

'' OCZ will launch two Solid State Drives in 32GB and 64GB capacities. It promises faster than 100MB write and 120MB read speeds which is surely faster than any mechanical drives in market.

If the price is somewhat acurate the 32gb model must be a really good choice.
Any word when they be out?

A couple of days old?

Hadn't seen anyone else post about it so thought I'd just add it...

oczssd.jpg

OCZ

Are you sure of those prices,and can you show me/us a URL for this future OCZ product.If the price is correct,I'll take one.

Are you sure of those prices,and can you show me/us a URL for this future OCZ product.If the price is correct,I'll take one.

At least $500-600 at launch could mean $2000. :)

Although if they really do come out around that price range I think I'm saving up for a 64gb.

Back