• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOTR gets DLSS and RT... available now for DL!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think that may vary by title? I dont know. Check out tpus coverage of this update. I think he mentions the res it works in.

Found it...

While my screenshot suggests that you can enable DLSS with 2560x1600, this isn't really the case. In reality, the game just has two resolutions that support DLSS: 2560x1440 and 3840x2160.

Last edited:
Oh well, guess I just have to play the game without it.
I still find it odd that the FPS would vary like that consistently between settings. There has to be some change in graphics or card to do that. I realize it's only 4 % but it is a difference

I dont know. Try running the RT without DLSS and with and see if it changes.

From what I see for options it's all or nothing E_D

For DLSS, its an on/off toggle. I can enable and disable DLSS so long as RT is enabled. DLSS toggle is under the Display portion while RT is under the Graphics with its own option.

EDIT: Helps if I have the right drivers... haha...
2560x1440 - Same settings we run normally (Ultra) for reviews

RTSS(Ultra) No DLSS - 42
RTSS(ULtra) w/DLSS - 32

Last edited:
You were right E_D found the RTX toggle in the graphics settings. Funny RTX doesn't seem to have the same performance impact on the 2060 that it does on your 2080.
This is what I got for numbers, settings relates to RTX level.
Settings RTX RTX+DLSS
Ultra 51 58
High 54 60
Med 74 81

Oddly enough... running DLSS on top of RT lowered fps for me.... something was wrong (looks in mirror)

That just shouldn't be, DLSS is there to help, right?

I can't be certain that DLSS is actually working on the RTX 2060 at 1080p but it certainly appears to be

I think DLSS is disabled at 1080p on the higher tier cards because the frame rate is too high for it work correctly, but mandatory (automatic) on the 2060 to keep fps up due to the slower processing of the 2060. At least that's my understanding of the RTX/DLSS relationship to Turing chips and resolution.

I dont think there is anything automatic.

But yeah something is odd with my testing of it.

Finally had a chance to recheck the demo. Confirming I can't find any RTX setting either in the pre-launch utility or within demo. I'd guess they only implemented it in the full game and not the demo.

the settings are all there. looks pretty good too. walking around stuff with a flashlight in a dark cave is a trip. they got the performance up there too. 60-80fps in 4k with rtx ultra most of the time in 4k.

tomb raider dlss rtx.jpg

if anyone knows how to upload 4k pics let me know. it actually looks better than this

sottr rt.jpg

Looks like some areas really beat the hell out of your video card. 34fps and 67 degrees even with an accelero extreme 4. bf5 on ultra is 61 degrees. looks like the ai cores are making some heat.

sottr rtx forest.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the RTX Shadows at Ultra at 4K, wish the performance was there. DLSS is too blurry in its current state they are better off using 1800P or something as the base instead of 1440P, rather it look good enough to be playable and slightly worse performance.

Apologies everyone. I think my dlss may have reverted to OFF in previous pics in this thread. I don't know when but most likely the last pic with low frame rates. Here's a couple I took just now to show on/off in the same spot in an area with lots of little details.

DLSS off

rtx ultra no dlss.jpg

DLSS on

rtx ultra dlss.jpg

Lol nah man I just didn't grab the egg when I reloaded the save and ran back to take the pic :p

Don't know when they added it, but there was a 2.5GB patch for the demo when I just looked. I now has RTX.

Testing on stock 7800X+2070 system, I put it in 4k highest, bench with RTX/DLSS on came out 52fps average. Not bad... with RTX off it was a bit lower, but I didn't let it finish to see the final score. I have to say, I can't notice any graphical quality difference between the two settings. Particularly in the 1st scene of the demo, I tried looking at both the shadows and lighting in particular, and can't say I see a difference. Maybe if I compared them side by side?

Just in case I wasn't disabling RTX properly, I even went to my 8086k+1080Ti system, and that looked the same. The monitor is 1440p so framerates were way higher, but I would note it didn't feel "smooth". Again, I didn't let it complete.

Might play with it some more later...

has anyone gotten fast sync to work with dlss enabled? i get tearing with dlss and i just doueble checked to make sure fast syn was enabled globally.

Back