• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOTR gets DLSS and RT... available now for DL!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/shad...download-adds-real-time-ray-tracing-and-dlss/

And the time has finally come. Nixxes has released the highly anticipated RTX patch for Shadow of the Tomb Raider that adds real-time ray tracing, as well as support for Deep Learning Super Sampling (DLSS).

From what we know so far, Nixxes and NVIDIA have used real-time ray tracing in order to enhance the game’s shadows. As such, PC gamers can expect more realistic shadows from multiple light sources when using RTX.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider – Patch #13 Release Notes

New features included in this patch:
Nvidia’s Ray-Traced Shadows
Support for DLSS.
The following requirements must be met to be able to run Ray-Traced Shadows or DLSS:
Window 10 update 1809 or higher
Nvidia’s RTX 20- series GPU
Nvidia’s latest drivers 419.35 and up.

Looks like someone needs to do some downloading :-/

This is from 6 months ago and personally i don't see much of a difference on/off, what changed ?

TPU did a great overview on it. RTX doesn't look like much (it is only on the shadows/soft shadows IIRC), but the DLSS looks pretty good and brings things up performance quite a bit without really dumbing the image down.

I doubt it? You would know if you had to DL an update to play the demo though.

My RTX system doesn't have it downloaded so can't tell... and at 14.6GB this could take a while.

Just checked the update is just over 1000 MB, needed to know if I should set some time aside for it LoL

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Just saw your post Mack, I hope that's wrong
Starting to think this might be an interim update that I missed. Don't have Steam running all the time on this PC but I do recall a 1 GB DL when I was testing a week back.

My RTX system doesn't have it downloaded so can't tell... and at 14.6GB this could take a while.
I thought you already had it DLd AMD was going to test. :rofl:

I'll fire up the review rig here after soccer and see what it says. :)

I had it on some systems, but just not the RTX one. Anyway, I updated the driver and started the demo. No options in graphics to turn it on/off.

I had it on some systems, but just not the RTX one. Anyway, I updated the driver and started the demo. No options in graphics to turn it on/off.

When you first launch the game, the very first GUI select options and there's a check box on the right to enable it. Then you can start the game and go to the benchmark and it'll be in the graphics options.
It was just a 1 GB update for me

It's also in the options for graphics under display just checked. There's also no option for one or the other. It's all or nothing. One thing I did notice that after this patch whether RTX is on or off there's a bad "hitch" at the start of the second benchmark test at least for me there is which wasn't there before.

RTX 2060/ Ryzen 5 2600 @ 4.2 GHz 1080p highest graphics settings with DX12

With RTX/DLSS 101 FPS

W/O RTX/DLSS 99 FPS

Just realized I'm still on 1803 (according to system properties) Win 10 so I don't think my results are viable

Last edited:
Don't know I tested twice with and without the results were consistent and options were available. Almost 2 hours later and I'm at 85% for the Win10 1809 update then I'll know more.

OK almost 4 hours later and Win10 1809 the results are still very similar

97 FPS with and 94 FPS without

Pretty sure it only supports DLSS at higher resolutions than 1080p (WQHD and 4K UHD)...

I was under the impression that if RTX is enabled so is DLSS even at 1080p. Something to do with GPU workload?

Back