• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sapphire 9250

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Change of plans now. pops feels like were spending a dollar for a dime with this 5 yr old system. I suggested just getting a new tower. You probally dont like Dell but thats what he wants. Any suggestions on a tower that would be good for a flight simulator. Tower with the G-Force is out of his range. Theres a system Inspiron 580 with a 1024 MB HD5450 Radeon video card. Good card? Good for a simulator? Dell says its a gaming desktop. Just wanted to get your opinion first before I order it for him...thanks again.....vozzyy

Yea I went there...I clicked on a driver to download and it wants me to run driverfix or whatever. Irs scans and finds 20 drivers out of date and wants me to buy the program to download the driver....naaaaa

Change of plans now. pops feels like were spending a dollar for a dime with this 5 yr old system. I suggested just getting a new tower. You probally dont like Dell but thats what he wants. Any suggestions on a tower that would be good for a flight simulator. Tower with the G-Force is out of his range. Theres a system Inspiron 580 with a 1024 MB HD5450 Radeon video card. Good card? Good for a simulator? Dell says its a gaming desktop. Just wanted to get your opinion first before I order it for him...thanks again.....vozzyy

You'll want a quad core CPU for FSX and the best GPU you can afford. HD5450 isn't very good for gaming at all.

Yea I went there...I clicked on a driver to download and it wants me to run driverfix or whatever. Irs scans and finds 20 drivers out of date and wants me to buy the program to download the driver....naaaaa

To DL the drivers, first click the link and it will take you to the DL page.

Click on the following:

Capture.JPG

Then you'll be taken to the following a page to click on "agree" and the DL will start.

Capture2.JPG

wow that wierd...i clicked his link for that driver on my laptop and get the same page as I am on his tower but on his tower i dont have the option at the bottom to download for free..from an external publisher I think it was....gonna look at it again tomorrow when go back over...strange

yup what you just posted I dont get on my dads pc..i get it on my laptop. I'll check again tomorrow and let you know...that card, the radeon would be no good for just a simulator? he's not a gamer just wants to use the simulator...he's a retired pilot...thinks hes still active I guess lol

wow that wierd...i clicked his link for that driver on my laptop and get the same page as I am on his tower but on his tower i dont have the option at the bottom to download for free..from an external publisher I think it was....gonna look at it again tomorrow when go back over...strange

It sounds like your Dad's PC may be loaded with spyware and/or adware since he keeps getting linked to paysites...

yup what you just posted I dont get on my dads pc..i get it on my laptop. I'll check again tomorrow and let you know...that card, the radeon would be no good for just a simulator? he's not a gamer just wants to use the simulator...he's a retired pilot...thinks hes still active I guess lol

He'll be able to run it, but he'll need to turn all the graphical settings way down, possibly the lowest. So, it won't look very good at all. Also, FSX uses multiple cores, so the more cores on the CPU, the better.

Ok I was able to download the above mention driver. However Im getting an INF. error when I finish installing it. Message says to update driver basically. Went into control panel/display/adapters and updated it. Update went ok. I tried to download driver again and still get an inf error. So Im punting. HUT HUT....whatever I do with this Im getting blocked. Pissin me off so Im done with it.

says to update video driver to run setup...one of the messages I was getting after the INF error....

You'll want a quad core CPU for FSX and the best GPU you can afford. HD5450 isn't very good for gaming at all.

Even though FSX is almost like 5 years old, I wonder how the bottom line 5450 would cope with it.

Anyways, for FSX he's probably not going to want the best GPU he can afford, I'm pretty sure the next radeon in the HD5000 line would handle FSX without any problems.

But yeah, the CPU is the most important factor.

regards

Back