• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosie RAC Harvest - Status/DiscussionThread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because the contest is over, doesn't mean you have to leave.;)

Some of us do crunch Rosie full time..
I shuttled some SETI for Rosetta to help the team - now I've put the same amount of work to use Folding, to help the team. By next month I'll be back to SETI & some Einstein as usual.

IMO, the physical sciences are getting neglected more than health science so that's where most of my computer time goes ... :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the contest baditude! :thup:

Nice work everyone for crunching the hell out of them proteins. Watch you back though, my farm is in the works and I'll be cruising up the leaderboard shortly. :attn:

I'll probably switch back to rosetta once the FAH contest is over, i like how it is set up much better. It deals with part time internet a lot more smoothly, too.

Thanks for the contest baditude! :thup:

Nice work everyone for crunching the hell out of them proteins. Watch you back though, my farm is in the works and I'll be cruising up the leaderboard shortly. :attn:

Ahhhh, excellent!

I'll probably switch back to rosetta once the FAH contest is over, i like how it is set up much better. It deals with part time internet a lot more smoothly, too.

That would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Still got a few computers running Rosetta, the ones that are on windows and hence wouldn't make a different in FAH anyway.

I love the names they give the work units too, they're funny.

So if i haven't gotten a pm yet, does that mean i didn't win? Or are you waiting for a response from Pixie before you PM #8?

Still got a few computers running Rosetta, the ones that are on windows and hence wouldn't make a different in FAH anyway.

I love the names they give the work units too, they're funny.

So if i haven't gotten a pm yet, does that mean i didn't win? Or are you waiting for a response from Pixie before you PM #8?

Again, you can go up to the first post on this page, click the link "entrant accessible" and follow the instructions to verify that you were entered into the draw, how many entries you had and whether or not you were a winner.

And yes, I have to wait for each winner to get back to me b4 I PM the next as it is a first drawn first pick format.
I waited almost two days for joe90 to get back to me b4 I bumped him to the back of the line, so we're a little bit behind.
Pixie doesn't seem to be around either :(

Last edited:
In the event that a winner does not respond, even after being bumped to the back of the line when it is their turn again, is a new winner drawn?

I'm giving two days for a response b4 being bumped to the back of the line. I may consider bumping completely after 1 week, and drawing a new name. We'll see.
I really didn't think it would be a problem.

I'm giving two days for a response b4 being bumped to the back of the line. I may consider bumping completely after 1 week, and drawing a new name. We'll see.
I really didn't think it would be a problem.

I think that would be best. I know people have busy life's but they cant expect you to wait to long. If you where to wait it could be a month before you even know what to send.
For the people that might get bumped you must realize its not fair for the others after you to wait so long. It does stink but suck it up you had a chance.

Still waiting on responses from another member who doesn't seem to know how to check their PM's or Emails. On the chance that these contestants are away for the weekend I'm giving them till tomorrow 6PM MST, then they get bumped to the end of the line.

OT....

Woo! #15 with a bullet! Although I'll have to have more powah to get past here.

Nice! That's a solid average with that CPU at 3.6GHz. Is it still rising?

Alright everyone, with all the winners announced, the prizes will start shipping soon.

Now that the contest and draw portions of the event have come to a close, I'll see you all back at the Rosetta Status Thread.
The event(and this thread) will remain open however, until all the prizes are shipped.

Again, thank you to those who came out to crunch for us and help make this event such a success!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back