• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosie RAC Harvest - Status/DiscussionThread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or more, to tell the truth. But in 2 weeks or so, you should be getting close to your max RAC. This is more so in Rosetta than Seti, since you don't have to have a wingman process the same work unit for you to get credit. I've had over 50k in pending credit with Seti in the past and it can take a month or so for your RAC to stabilize in Seti.

my RAC pretty much never leveled off during the contest...i do use my computer really heavily in the evenings though...but it did just keep climbing. i actually wonder what i could get to if i left my machine alone for a month.

my RAC pretty much never leveled off during the contest...i do use my computer really heavily in the evenings though...but it did just keep climbing. i actually wonder what i could get to if i left my machine alone for a month.
Why don't you leave it on Rosetta and find out???? :);)

I think I'll leave my CPUs on Rosetta. I'll keep the GPUs on FAH as there isn't a Rosetta GPU option, but I like the simplicity of BOINC overall.

When, and how, will we see the prize results? ;)

I really like how boinc works, it's very nice and simple. Beats FAH all to hell.

I think I'll leave my CPUs on Rosetta. I'll keep the GPUs on FAH as there isn't a Rosetta GPU option, but I like the simplicity of BOINC overall.

When, and how, will we see the prize results? ;)

This is the way I do it, but running GPU clients, handicaps your CPU production a bit. No a huge amount, and nothing to really be worried about. The fact that you would consider leaving your CPU's with us is very much appreciated.

Entries will be tallied and randomized tonight at midnight. Draw will be made, then winners announced(in no particular order) in this thread tomorrow (Dec-1st.). After than each winner will be contacted via PM in these forums in order from 1st to 9th, to choose their prize.
Remember, the randomization process ensures a chance that even a single entry contestant could come out in the #1 position, even though odds are heavily against.

I really like how boinc works, it's very nice and simple. Beats FAH all to hell.

I tend to agree with this. I do like the efficiency of the console clients for F@H though.

Last edited:
Yes, many of us [even myself(2*GPU's)] will be helping out with the F@H event which means our team RAC is going to take a drastic turn downwards. Every little bit of help we can get to make sure teams like HardwareBG ROSETTA Team @ BOINC, MacOS X Users and VTC don't pass us during that time would be much appreciated. Thank you Soul.

Code:
41) Daniel Sonntag  8,933 677.77 United States
RAC of 677.77 puts you in the <1000 category with 3000pts required per entry. 8933 total points right now will likely turn into 9000+ points by midnight which means 3 entries. At least 2 anyway.
Not bad seeing as you started so late in the contest.

In the future, especially for these short run challenges, you might consider using the Credit/week column instead of RAC. Like SETI, Rosetta RAC takes f o r e v e r to get wound up while Credit/week is a real-time measure of performance.

Just a thought ... :shrug:

In the future, especially for these short run challenges, you might consider using the Credit/week column instead of RAC. Like SETI, Rosetta RAC takes f o r e v e r to get wound up while Credit/week is a real-time measure of performance.

Just a thought ... :shrug:

In what regard? Within the framework of this contest, I'm not sure it would make much difference one way or the other unless a person was somewhere close to their maximum in terms of RAC. I'll have to look into it further, and maybe the next contest could be restructured to accommodate that.

Last edited:
I was just thinking how people like to see quicker results. You and I are used to the delay - we know it's just part of the project and accept it. That's more difficult for people who are doing something like this for the first time, especially younger people who see it more like a score in a game rather than long-term effort.

Aah - maybe it's just my old age showing itself today ... :p

I am think I will end up splitting my resources between R@H and F@H... I am looking at Micro-ATX Atom 370 MBs that have a PCIe slot... Maybe use the CPU for rosetta and drop a decent x16 graphics card in them for F@H..... Rosetta seems to do really well with ANY CPU, so I may buy a few of these systems around tax time ..... Hmmmm.......

I am think I will end up splitting my resources between R@H and F@H... I am looking at Micro-ATX Atom 370 MBs that have a PCIe slot... Maybe use the CPU for rosetta and drop a decent x16 graphics card in them for F@H..... Rosetta seems to do really well with ANY CPU, so I may buy a few of these systems around tax time ..... Hmmmm.......

Please do.
I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say it's always good to see new members join up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back