• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Rig o' The Month - August 2012 (Concluded)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Which rig is your favorite out of the five linked in the OP?

• Post # 6 - skeeg's Silverstone build

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Post # 12 - BlueZero5's Project Wraith

Votes: 16 10.8%
  • Post # 15 - mwindham08's Computer-in-a-Desk

Votes: 70 47.3%
  • Post # 18 - Conumdrum's Banchetto Test Station

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Post # 36 - MybadOmen's Mass Effect 3

Votes: 32 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, the poll lies, this will close 8/31 so we can get an announcement up on 9/1. :)

So get your votes in folks. mwindham08's desk looks to be taking it so far, will it hold out against MybadOmen's Mass Effect 3 build?? We've got four more days to find out!

Hey Hokie
He is asking whats so special about skegs build. He sees the value in the rest but not that one. He says he is trying to learn.

As to the monitors, its a valid point. 'Its Rig o the month' which to me points to the whole package potentually They have 3 pics to show the best of their computer off.
The winner is winning in part because of the photo with the desk its in and 3 monitor sweetness, not just the internal parts.

Thanks Verbatim, you got me exactly.. and thanks for sharing the view on Skeeg's build, I suppose it can be appreciated that way indeed, you right.

I'm curious as to why the monitor is so important to you? I wouldn't want to post pics of my desk in a thread like this, it would take away points! This competition is about the computers, not the monitors. :salute:

sorry kinda a noob myself here. I always thought 'rig' should constitute the 'whole' thing, from keyboard to Monitor to the machine running it. I am unaware that this competition excludes so and might have points taken away if monitors are posted!! :borg:

For me it has to be post #6. Very clean and subtle looking. But theyre all very hot machines and I find myself looking at them going "whats this" or "where's the connectors" :)

this is such a great idea, and I can't wait for Septembers competition!!

I have a few humble suggestions for next month:

1, expand from 3 pics to 5. Cause the more awesome it is, the more pics are required to see the full of it.

2, on the poll, add 'I just wanna see the results' as a choice, cause I almost went forth to click on 'any' choice just to see the result, and I think a lot of people probably just randomly clicked some choice. I have seen this done in other forums, and the result is an improved poll voted by those who wanted to vote.

3, wondering: Should there be two prizes per month?
- People's choice, and Edittor's choice? Cause I would like to see what the vets in OCF would pick if they have a choice, will be very interesting to see how the opinions tally!!
I would imagine the public will tend to choose the better looking ones, while the edittors might take a look to see which is the beefiest.

... it be a while til I get enough funds to get my own comp.
so I will just be watching for a while!

Had to vote for #6 the Mass Effect one, sucker for Mass Effect items :)

Though if that wasn't in the Desk would of won my vote, that is pretty slick and sounds similar to what I wanted to do if I built a desk.

Last day folks! We'll call it at lunch today. Three hours to get your votes in. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back