• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Ownership and Site Migration - Details Inside

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
One change I've noticed (Note: Not a bug) is when I hit the back button to go back to settings the page auto-reloads now. Kinda neat.

The new box is a 3.6GHz Xeon Hex core with 16GB of RAM and the site will reside on RAID 1 SSD's with multiple daily, weekly, and monthly backups. Speaking of... T-minus 5 minutes!!

6 cores 12 threads Cool.:) Are we on a dedicated server?

One change I've noticed (Note: Not a bug) is when I hit the back button to go back to settings the page auto-reloads now. Kinda neat.

If this persists, drop details in the bug thread

Edit: I see what you mean now, that's cool!! Not sure if that's intended vbulletin functionality or not, but I'll take it.

6 cores 12 threads Cool.:) Are we on a dedicated server?

Yes it's a dedicated server only for Overclockers!

Yay back in action!
Quick question for the new ownership now. If people get premium membership is all the account info setup proper so you guys get the funds?

Yay back in action!
Quick question for the new ownership now. If people get premium membership is all the account info setup proper so you guys get the funds?

Yes, that information has been updated so we get the funds. We'll also be working to revamp the Premium Membership in the near-ish future.

Wooohooo, nice -n- snappy too! :clap:

Glad I'm not the only one who's noticed :)

Oh ok, I didnt realize the payment system was integrated into the forums themselves. I am always trying to find "everyday" use cases for crypto because I believe that is one of the major roadblocks to mass adoption: there isnt anything to buy with cryptos :D If crypto ever does become an option, Ill bet that FLDC as a payment option would go over well on a site that is very FAH friendly. Good luck guys :)

I just noticed that when I go from the post list, open a post and then use the back button to return to the post list the post is now marked as viewed. I no longer have to reload the list to see what I've already looked at. Little things like that are nice. I'm guessing it's just a result of a forum S/W upgrade but it is still appreciated.

Thanks!

For 2 years the page load on this site were slow and when the transfer was done things did not change for me. Just today the site pages snap loads instantaneously.:) Has something changed today?

Last edited:
For 2 years the page load on this site were slow and when the transfer was done things did not change for me. Just today the site pages snap loads instantaneously.:) Has something changed today?
HTTPS is active again, that could be making a difference for you. We're also working through cleaning up inactive features, plugins, etc to help with this as well as making a lot of optimizations where we can.

God dammit. I think I crashed the server while I was ready to post a long w/ many pics and a few videos in the Custom H20 section. Oh wells. lol

On a better note, the site is lightening fast again. Finally! :grouphug:

Edit: NVM! It's still saved! Success!

Edit#2: It's being mean to me....

View attachment 199830

After a few more attempts than I can't load up the forums no more till after a certain length of time.

Does it think I'm a bot or spammer since I'am pouring lots of info in one thread at a short time?

Last edited:
HTTPS is active again, that could be making a difference for you. We're also working through cleaning up inactive features, plugins, etc to help with this as well as making a lot of optimizations where we can.

I tried no HTTPS and it is still lightening fast. Must be the cleanup and optimizations, this is so sweet I hope it stays this way thanks.:clap:

Was the site this fast for you before 7/3/2018?

Last edited:
God dammit. I think I crashed the server while I was ready to post a long w/ many pics and a few videos in the Custom H20 section. Oh wells. lol

View attachment 199830

After a few more attempts than I can't load up the forums no more till after a certain length of time.

Does it think I'm a bot or spammer since I'am pouring lots of info in one thread at a short time?
what thread were you trying to reach that gave the 404?

View attachment 199830

Hmm did it give you any error messages?
I tried no HTTPS and it is still lightening fast. Must be the cleanup and optimizations, this is so sweet I hope it stays this way thanks.:clap:

Was the site this fast for you before 7/3/2018?
No, I've never seen the site this fast. I'm sure loving it though!

Back