• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Stop right now and change the settings. (y)
Just a note. It's bad for the science to just dump WU's. If it is possible just click finish and when it's done then remove it.(y)
Post magically merged:

Found that Arch actually had a wiki page for it https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/folding@home

Got it working, but...

EDIT: Nvm. just needed a bit to kick in. Now it's at 6 hours ETA
We need a how-to on running GPU's on fah in Arch. If you could ever manage that. (Actually just me, as the smarter folks do have it working)

Just a note. It's bad for the science to just dump WU's. If it is possible just click finish and when it's done then remove it.(y)
Post magically merged:

We need a how-to on running GPU's on fah in Arch. If you could ever manage that. (Actually just me, as the smarter folks do have it working)

Honestly, using that Arch wiki page I linked helped me work out my issues. I just needed to get opencl-amd from the AUR & it worked as it should. I originally tried the clover driver before looking in the wiki. I removed that & used the opencl-amd & it worked fine. Of course, this is only for AMD GPUs, which I have. nVidia is another monster on Linux in general that I am glad I don't have to deal with. :LOL:

Back