• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member Welcome Mat !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Greetings Earthlings!
I am a new/old member. stopped posting years ago when I was rocking an AMD Mobile Athlon 2600+ (Barton) on an AN9 cooking at 3.1 on air .
Now I am sending my bone pile and a few new pieces to my grandson and a link to this forum. I sent him;
A fan case with a Thermaltake Silent PurePower 480 and 3 fans
a Gigabyte 970A DS3P (UD)
a Gigabyte GV-R465D2 (1gb) video card
8 gb PC1600 DDR3
AMD FX4100 (black)
Thermaltake Big Typhoon with 120mm fan (and 4 other coolers)
and a few boxes of mixed junk and tools (wifi card, mice, keyboards, etc) even a 2400 baud dial-up modem!
Hopefully this is a good starting point for a sharp 12 year old.

I'm counting on y'all to bring him up and break him in like you did for me!

Last edited:
Nice to see you Axeman58
If you can remember your old username we can likely resurrect your previous account.

Nice to see you Axeman58
If you can remember your old username we can likely resurrect your previous account.

They say "memory is the second thing to go... and I can't remember the first thing"
I thought it was Apache38 but I was unsuccessful logging in

Hello, I am new to this forum.

The reason i registered is because I some advice in overclocking GPU's.

Apparently I hit alot of walls with terascale gpus with RBE, so I will post a question there.

I hope you all don't mind me asking alot questions on old gpus, as my interest is in modifying old cards, and the new ones are illogically expensive in my area.

Thank you.

Welcome Ytszazu!

Hopefully we have the answers you are looking for. Please, ask as many questions as you like.

New But Not New

I originally joined in 2015 and did some research on what people were doing, as for ideas as to what I was going to build for my wife's gaming computer. But we had a money crunch and I just bought her a Dell XPS 8700 and that was fine with her because she able to play her games.
I personally don't like gaming but I like tweaking computers. There has never been a computer desktop or laptop in our home the hasn't been "messaged". Now I'm researching again. Thanks in advance for the ideas.

:welcome: to the forums, kdre. Once you get a new system put together, bench it as you tweak it then post your scores in our benchmarking section.

Greetings Earthlings!
I am a new/old member. stopped posting years ago when I was rocking an AMD Mobile Athlon 2600+ (Barton) on an AN9 cooking at 3.1 on air .
Now I am sending my bone pile and a few new pieces to my grandson and a link to this forum. I sent him;
A fan case with a Thermaltake Silent PurePower 480 and 3 fans
a Gigabyte 970A DS3P (UD)
a Gigabyte GV-R465D2 (1gb) video card
8 gb PC1600 DDR3
AMD FX4100 (black)
Thermaltake Big Typhoon with 120mm fan (and 4 other coolers)
and a few boxes of mixed junk and tools (wifi card, mice, keyboards, etc) even a 2400 baud dial-up modem!
Hopefully this is a good starting point for a sharp 12 year old.

I'm counting on y'all to bring him up and break him in like you did for me!

Well HEY! That is a nice box of goods!! BTW we can also look you up if you happen to remember the email you used to register with ;) Also, if you remember ANY specific quotes or context you may have ever posted. History is always fun!

Has your grandson checked this place out yet? We'll help him out.

Huh... Hello all. New here. And preparing some extreme nooby questions. Featuring: TECs, tap water, plate exchangers, heat circulation household pumps and other stuff that I need help steering away from. See ya soon.

Huh... Hello all. New here. And preparing some extreme nooby questions. Featuring: TECs, tap water, plate exchangers, heat circulation household pumps and other stuff that I need help steering away from. See ya soon.

:welcome:

These are NOT noob topics. LOL good luck with your project, sounds like fun.

Good Morning.

I'm new here. Marcin from Poland. I was overclocking in the past Intel Pentium processors when we had memory controller in North Bridge and overclocking was based mainly on manipulating FSB and Core Voltage, and better cooling system. No Turbo boosts and other power saving features... haha :) Now I'm trying to update my knowledge for new Intel Core 10 gen... I'm quiet lost because I had really long break from computers. I have some questions related to specific motherboard, how to measure voltage, how to set it correctly where to find default factory recommendations for voltages etc... So I think I will write separate post about my questions and here I just wanted to say Hello.

Have a good day.

Back