• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New member... also :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mhamm

Registered
Well i just joined the folding@home team. I'm not sure what EVERYTHING is all about... i know im always willing to help. Hopefully through this experience i'll learn more, and my knowledge will increase with the help of you guys. Any info you guys think i should know? Any details? Glad im a part of the team guys... thanks :)

Matt

Welcome to the forums..and the Team!! :). The basic idea is to help researchers at Stanford, who are trying to find answers to a lot of complicated questions about proteins and how the fold, why, why so fast at times, etc.

The fun part is to be a part of the forums and a great Folding Team that is on a upswing to challange all others!! It's a fun, easy way to be competitive and more importantly, it benefits mankind.

Check out some of the links and information about the team here.
Welcome again and remember to ask a lot of questions...We've got a great crew!

Yup sure did, and now im running 2 clients on my one computer like the other post suggested. Do you guys think its nessecary to run possiblky 3 clients? Or is 2 enough? Thanks

Matt

mhamm said:
Yup sure did, and now im running 2 clients on my one computer like the other post suggested. Do you guys think its nessecary to run possiblky 3 clients? Or is 2 enough? Thanks

Matt

Its completely up to you, but I'd say 2 would be enough...

Back