• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VI March: Unigine Heaven HWBot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm Back with another setup :)
This is the GTX-460 (192 Bit) ver my other sub which was a GTX-460 (256 Bit).
These are listed as 2 separate classes of cards for subbing at the Bot

MaddMutt / GTX-460 (192) / AIR / 881.506
3D Heaven DX11 GTX-460.png

MaddMutt / GTX-460 (192) in SLI / AIR / 1736.717
3D Heaven DX11 2x-GTX-460.png

AS always another setup/submission - If I keep this up - I beat everyone just from total points submitted :rofl:

And Yes I'm having a good Month :)

MaddMutt / HD-7850 / AIR / 1461.111
HIS HD-7850 DX11.png

I would bench my 970 but that thing is such a piece of ****. It throttles itself constantly. I would smash it, but its better than the gtx580 it replaced :-/

Dear Mr. Taco,

About 2 years ago (I could be wrong as my mind is going ) I purchased WitchDoctor's Large Collection of NVidia Cards. IIRC he had 43 - 47 Nvidia Cards. I'm a BIG AMD FAN and have not gotten around to benching the Nvidia side of my collection.

Here is another attack :) I had to use 2 Cards to beat the GTX-980 :) I'm going to have to work on that setup.

MaddMutt / R9-290x in CF / AIR / 5730.708

Heaven DX11 R9 290x in CF.png

Nice one!

I tried to find another 980 here locally.. I found one for 250, and another for 275 and they wont budge. I paid 200 for mine.. so SLI is not in the cards pardon the pun :facepalm:

-> He's at it again :thup:

MaddMutt / 2x XFX HD-5850 Black Edition in CF / Custom Water / 1685.773
3d Heaven DX11 .png

Wow, got blown out of the water my Woomack. He has over 100mhz on me in GPU clocks, could that explain that large of a difference?

Edit: gained a few points by tweaking my GPU clock. I also set my fans to run at 1500rpm to prevent throttling. I'm pretty sure I'm CPU limited right now, because the GPU load in "basic" is in the 60% and while clock speeds break 1700MHz occasionally, they don't stay there, and even the memory downclocks. Meanwhile the CPU remains at 4250MHz and 17% load (i.e. 100% single core). In "xtreme" the GPU load remains above 80% and clocks stay higher, but there are still some (likely CPU dependent) drops. Looking at my options, it seems I'm not likely to gain a lot of ground over 4250mhz in an all core OC, maybe I could disable 4 cores to bench. Also maybe I could see improvements from increasing memory speed. Of course I would like to break 1800MHz on the GPU like Woomack, but I think I'll need to go past 300w and also either use a harder benchmark or otherwise decrease the CPU bottleneck.

clocktagon.jpg

Last edited:
He has a different BIOS on his card, if you pm him I am sure he could provide a link

the CPU is what is the real killer here . Intel i9 at 5.2GHZ

He has a different BIOS on his card, if you pm him I am sure he could provide a link

the CPU is what is the real killer here . Intel i9 at 5.2GHZ

Yep, pretty happy with the results. Got to 4.4GHz @ 1.41v. On 2 core my scores dropped, but it was stable enough to run the the benchmark with 4 cores enabled. I didn't get to play with memory yet, but I'm very pleased with the improvement.

Zerileous / Sapphire Vega 64 reference / H2O / 6020.538

heaven6k.jpg

Nice work but Witchy is right CPU clock speeds make a difference in this benchmark

DaPoets / ASUS STRIX VEGA 64 / Water / 5735.278

HWBOT bench 4 internal screenshot.png

Attachments

• HWBOT bench 3 internal screenshot.png
    HWBOT bench 3 internal screenshot.png
    319 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
I had to run my card with fans at max speed (3100 rpm or something) so it boosts a bit higher and keep higher GPU clock for longer. The first stage of throttling it starting just above 60°C so even though it was barely passing 70°C then it needed better cooling so it could make these couple of MHz more in benchmark.
My card has Hynix HBM which is not clocking as good as Samsung and I can't really pass 1050MHz even for short benchmarks :(
I'm still satisfied with this small PCB card ... can find faster nvidia but vega is more fun :) ... and in current prices it's finally good option comparing to nvidia cards.

I'm not sure how to make LOD work in DX11 on this card. It's possible on nvidia but I couldn't make it work on amd. Also some guys who were playing with additional graphics settings couldn't make it so I guess it doesn't work. The same most other options are not working at all. I was checking various graphics options but results were usually worse than at default settings.

Last edited:
That's right Jiccman...you need to bring out some of your other cards if you plan to beat my TOTAL Score from my submissions :rofl:
I may be bringing up the rear but I'm like 4th with a total of 17,541.934 point's submitted so far.
If I keep having a good month, I may dust off my KP Collection :) I still have them as my Secret Weapon :rofl:

GTX-780Ti KP Edition
GTX-980 KP Edition
GTX-980Ti KP Edition

LOL, that CPU isn't on air at those clocks and voltage... is it? The card is though. I think since this is a GPU test... more or less, that section is for the GPU.

Back