• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the ROG Swift OLED PG32UCDM truly worth the $$$?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

I have been looking for a good 4k monitor for some time now. I had the Gigabyte m27u and the g-sync would not work right, plus I couldn't even tell the difference between it and my 2k monitor so I sent it back. I figured I might as well save up for a good monitor that actually supports g-sync and looks awesome. I'm willing to save up for the ROG Swift OLED PG32UCDM if it's truly worth it, but oled's scare me. The fact they can get burn in is worrisome to me since I sometimes just have the desktop screen just sitting there all the time. My question is, is it worth the cash and the potential problems it could have?

I'm kind of in the same boat. Waiting for something more affordable though. I really like the 57" Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 Dual 4K UHD Quantum Mini-LED 240Hz... but it's waaaaay out of my budget, lol.

As far as burn-in... it's less of an issue these days, but I'm worried about it for the same reasons... a PC, desktop, is typically static. That said, you can have the taskbar hide and have an OLED-friendly screensaver come on as quickly as a minute...

If I had the money, I'd upgrade from my IPS 2560 x 1440/165 to OLED or MiniLED 165 to 4K UHD/240. The next bump is res, size (Im old and need the diagonal, scaling be lol), and hertzzzzz as well.

You aren't old brother. Besides age ain't nothing but a number. I just remember I had a plasma tv 6 yrs ago before I bought my 49 in. LG nano-cell 4k TV. The Panasonic plasma was beautiful until it started getting image retention. Then I bought the LG 4k tv. I don't really care for large tv's or monitors due to my limited space. My LG tv is 49 in. and that looks huge in my small bedroom. Plan on getting a 43 in. Sony 4k tv shortly because my LG has weird light streams coming up from the bottom. Anyhow, a monitor larger than 32 in. would be too much for me. You probably have a much larger room so I can understand what you mean though.

Back