• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 4090 Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mark617

Hey guys. Always come here for you to pick apart my choices :p

Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/m24LL9

I can pick up any of the 4090s available atm. There is the Gigabyte Windforce currently at FE price, but I do not know if this card is any good. For every person who recommends it, I find another who recommends against it. But since I am in no rush, I figured I would just wait out for the FE, since it's a few hundred cheaper than everything else. I do not plan to push the system. Minimal if any OCing, and possible undervolting the GPU. But honestly, I'd be perfectly content rolling stock, antithetical as that may be to this forum :ROFLMAO:

Usage: This is strictly a gaming computer. RPGs mainly: Elden Ring, BG3, FF7 Remake Intergrade, Starfield, etc.

I play on a 55 inch LG OLED @4k. I know I could get a quality PC monitor and play at less than 4k and come out ahead, but I would prefer playing on my already established setup.

Let me know where I need to make changes, and or if any other information is needed.

As always, thank you all for your expertise (y)

Last edited:
Looks like a solid build. However the only issue I would see is motion blur on the OLED 4K TV (and the OLED Burn). With my current rig, I run on a 43" 2K TV as a screen. I tried a 4K 50", but got really bad motion blur.

As for the 4090, only issue is the cooling. They tend to run hot, especially the FE. Just be sure you have really good airflow in the case. Can't recommend which 4090 will do best, unless you can get an AIB triple fan monster heatsink version.

The motion blur can be annoying, but between TV options and in game options, I can usually disable it entirely. And where I cannot, I look at it as a positive. When my head starts to hurt, I know it's time to get outside :cool:

Airflow should be good in the Torrent case based on what others have said elsewhere. Obviously I have no first hand experience. I wouldn't be opposed to buying a better cooled version of the 4090, especially given its cost. But with me not pushing it, and setting it up with a modest undervolt, I would be pretty disappointed if heat was an issue. But noted, and I will certainly look into it more / explore those options.

Looks like a solid build. However the only issue I would see is motion blur on the OLED 4K TV (and the OLED Burn). With my current rig, I run on a 43" 2K TV as a screen. I tried a 4K 50", but got really bad motion blur.

As for the 4090, only issue is the cooling. They tend to run hot, especially the FE. Just be sure you have really good airflow in the case. Can't recommend which 4090 will do best, unless you can get an AIB triple fan monster heatsink version.

I'm not aware of any motion blur in an OLED (outside of turning it on in game). They have perfect pixel response times, especially the newer ones (since 2020) are also 120hz panels.

Burn in, of course, is a risk, but at minimum best buy warranties against it with their extra one.

Back