• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Helldivers 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

Anyone playing this yet? Hearing nothing but good reviews 👍🏻

Playing a bit, but am largely behind my buddies in progression

Yeah, seems like the spiritual successor of Starship Troopers meets Terminator, I was kinda hoping on feedback and a SP campaign...

Yeah it has starship troopers vibes. I played the original for a handful of hours back in the day, moving to 3rd person/first person perspective is way better than the old 3rd person isometric.

It does essentially require others to play outside of the very easiest missions. But the matchmaking is mostly okay in my experience

"After Sony decided to try and enforce a completely ridiculous account linking policy, the Helldivers 2 community has risen up and put them in their place. After hundreds of thousands of negative reviews, and a coordinated effort from the player population, Sony has backed down and overturned their asinine policy, in a massive win for the community that is very well deserved. PC players have managed to show with stone-cold clarity that publishers cannot, and should not be able to do whatever they please without repercussions."

This community move was absolutely brilliant, to the point that the devs created and are giving out a new in game item, a cape called "the prodigal son", that shows the steam review bars going from red to blue. Many props to the guys that organized this :thup:

Prodigal Son.jpg

That's heartbreaking and I've seen some gameplay of people trying to play solo, NOT PRETTY!!!! I'm over making new gaming friends or listing to squeakers destroy my ear drums. The last game I played coop on was outriders I believe.
I don't play online I like campaign mode. And today's games that has campaign mode are just GREAT.(y)

damn straight, I replayed the far cry games and all the tomb raider games in order over the winter and played a few hours of ghost recon breakpoint

"Sony almost killed Helldivers 2 in the most absurd way possible. By forcing everyone to make PSN accounts to continue playing. But the gaming community rose up and made their voices heard loud and clear. And so... we won."

So I asked elsewhere, got one answer, figured I trust the answers here more.

I can't stand multiplayer games. Honestly. It's all me, I can't dump time into any one game to get to the skill level where I can have fun.

How's HD2 handle being a single player? Either going on missions solo or joining randoms?

It is technically possible to beat up to the highest difficulty solo, but only the most hardcore ridiculous players do it as a challenge. The easiest difficulty can do it solo as long as you're careful and don't let yourself get super overwhelmed.

Otherwise joining existing parties via quick match had been fine for the most part in my experience, but I haven't played for over a month, but that was what I found.

Back