• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flamethrower 1972's BUILD THREAD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
based on the comments about the rma of evga psu's and connectors not pinned right. i would go with another brand, either Seasonic, corsair, there are a few others but the elude me at the moment.

My money is for that high quality 850W Seasonsic Platinum I linked in the other thread for the same $ (10 year warranty).

for my 11th gen build i never started LOL, i got a corsair RM850x. not sure if the RM is using CTW or seasonic boards.

Ok you all have changed my mind I am going to get this.

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | 1000W | 80+ Gold | ATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 Ready | Full-Modular | ATX Form Factor | Low Noise | Premium Japanese Capacitor Nvidia | RTX 30/40 Super & AMD GPU Compatible​

Last edited:
The Vertex series isn't their premium model like the Prime that was linked earlier...but I'd still take it over the EVGA (and go to a more appropriately sized 850W). ;)

You never know some time down the line I might get a 4090.:)
...and maybe a flagship-class processor! Then, you'd be like me! :p

(who's happily running 4090 and 13900K with the Seasonic Prime 850W Platinum unit..........that I upgraded from 750W - but I've said that a few times before, lol).

A 4090 won't tip the scales to suddenly need 1000W PSU. ;)

I don't know what price you have on that Seasonic, but I tested 850W/1000W 80+ Gold and 1000W/1300W 80+ Plat. from DeepCool's latest series. All of them are great and usually cheaper than the competition. All of them have a 10 year warranty. Here is one example - 1000W for $138 (I would say to get 850W, but it's only about $10 cheaper).

Many brands now have good PSUs. Almost everything with a long warranty and Japanese caps will be good (so pretty much everything 80+ Gold or higher from every well-known brand).

I don't know what price you have on that Seasonic, but I tested 850W/1000W 80+ Gold and 1000W/1300W 80+ Plat. from DeepCool's latest series. All of them are great and usually cheaper than the competition. All of them have a 10 year warranty. Here is one example - 1000W for $138 (I would say to get 850W, but it's only about $10 cheaper).

Many brands now have good PSUs. Almost everything with a long warranty and Japanese caps will be good (so pretty much everything 80+ Gold or higher from every well-known brand).
The price is $166.99.

Amazon says $138. The 850W PSU costs $124 right now.
You can get FSP 1000W Platinum for $187. All of their PSUs in the last two years were great, too. I wasn't testing this one, but I tested five or six others. All high FSP PSUs have 10 years of warranty, too. Again, I would say get 850W, but it costs more than the 1kW because the current price cut is only on the 1kW unit.

I'm just giving examples. Corsair makes good PSUs too, and they cost almost the same as some others in this thread.

Amazon says $138. The 850W PSU costs $124 right now.
You can get FSP 1000W Platinum for $187. All of their PSUs in the last two years were great, too. I wasn't testing this one, but I tested five or six others. All high FSP PSUs have 10 years of warranty, too.
What power supply for $187????

FSP has really bad marketing, but they used to be under the Fortron brand for years and were OEMs for some leading brands (maybe they still are, I'm not sure).
Post magically merged:

Here is FSP Hydro G 850W 80+ Gold - $116 - 10y warranty, 12VHPWR
I was testing the 1kW version. It's not much different. These ATX 3.0 PSUs are rated for spikes 2x the max wattage so 850W is up to 1700W spikes.
Here is a photo of the insides of the 1kW Hydro G PSU. I have no idea if it's any help for you. As I said, 850W is almost the same. Only the main capacitor is probably a bit different.

FSP_G_Pro_1kW_pht25.jpg

Last edited:
FSP has really bad marketing, but they used to be under the Fortron brand for years and were OEMs for some leading brands (maybe they still are, I'm not sure).
Post magically merged:

Here is FSP Hydro G 850W 80+ Gold - $116 - 10y warranty, 12VHPWR
I was testing the 1kW version. It's not much different. These ATX 3.0 PSUs are rated for spikes 2x the max wattage so 850W is up to 1700W spikes.
Here is a photo of the insides of the 1kW Hydro G PSU. I have no idea if it's any help for you. As I said, 850W is almost the same. Only the main capacitor is probably a bit different.

View attachment 365787
The compounts look high end like silver caps.

Another thing about the PS I am buying is the cables are braided so you can put combs on the to make them look nice. As well as the 12VHPWR cable. it comes with 3 Molex connecters to connect to my fan controllers.

Back