• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duron 800???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuca

Im thinking about building a new computer. Im about to get a duron 800 with an asus a7v, 300w power supply, and all that other chunky stuff. What i wanna know is if this cpu will overclock without too many problems. I heard that certain ones have problems. any info would be appreciated.

hey

i would like to say that speending about 50 or so more bucks and get a T Bird 850 and you will at least get 950 with a ok heatsink

and i would say even faster with a better one

and t birds screem compaiered to a duron

oh yea baby

T Bird 850 @ 1016mhz with a homemade cooler, ASUS A7V,128 megs mushkin PC-150, ASUS G Force 2 GTS 64 meg 235/420, SBLive!, Realtek Nic, 3DMark2000 Defalt score of 8432 and Quake3 @ 1024x768 16 bit everything else maxed on detals and no sound = 153FPS !!!!!!!

T Bird Baby

thanks for the info, i might go with your suggestion. i am almost sure that no matter what, i think im gonna go with the Global win FOP38.i sure as hell not gonna spend $50.00 on the hedgehog..lol

the hedgehog is not as good as the FOP23..............Dont waste ur money on 1 of them................Sooper

Yuca (Dec 18, 2000 07:01 p.m.):
Im thinking about building a new computer. Im about to get a duron 800 with an asus a7v, 300w power supply, and all that other chunky stuff. What i wanna know is if this cpu will overclock without too many problems. I heard that certain ones have problems. any info would be appreciated.

I'd say it depends whether you just want the overclock or whether you're after performance - cos a duron will probably give a better overclock (800 should be pretty sure for a gig), but a tbird will perform better (an 800 might only get to 950, but it'd be faster than the gig duron).

Back