• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Couple of pics of my modded case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That looks really cool. I like how you took the time to paint the inside. It makes it look gnarly. Don't know why I used that word when I could have said something rad like tubular.

I need some sleep.

Or maybe I will just go eat something.

That's sounds good.

we just went to the grocery store about 4 hours ago. Everyone else went to bed when we got back but I am still up and nobody can see if I drink the chocolate milk out of the carton.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I like the Hobbit. I cant wait for the lord of the rings movie to come out!

Last edited:
Great Mod.

I painted the inside of my case black. I also have a black light in my case. I really like the effect with the yellow paint....

Sweet. Gives me something to aspire to when I start on my next case. I'll outdo you yet! Actually, it'll probably turn out looking like crap but only time will tell! :D

Thanks for the nice comments brothers! ...I gotta make a little collage ( did I spell that right) of pics to post over at Daniels temporary case gallery thread....heh heh

Uhh... I dont think it's a good idea to have a GIGANTIC *** 120 VOLT ELECTRIC MOTOR right on top of your CPU. I suggest you rethink your layout, and impliment it to reflect the safety of your CPU and mobo! :p

Just make sure you have everything removed from the case and you might want to clean it with some solvent to remove any contaminates. The paint will adhear better.

Good luck

Last edited:
PhLuBB said:
Uhh... I dont think it's a good idea to have a GIGANTIC *** 120 VOLT ELECTRIC MOTOR right on top of your CPU. I suggest you rethink your layout, and impliment it to reflect the safety of your CPU and mobo! :p

Can you elaborate on why you think its not a good location? Is it because of the possible EMI it might generate? Or maybe possible leaks spraying the MB/chip with water? I have just finished changing the fittings over to brass elbows and would have fired it up today if it had'nt been for a family function that lasted all day. For the record..thats a Eheim 1048. I appreciate your useful criticism!:)

mudguts said:

Can you elaborate on why you think its not a good location? Is it because of the possible EMI it might generate? Or maybe possible leaks spraying the MB/chip with water? I have just finished changing the fittings over to brass elbows and would have fired it up today if it had'nt been for a family function that lasted all day. For the record..thats a Eheim 1048. I appreciate your useful criticism!:)

Certainly. EMI and a simple megnetic field. It doesn't take much magnetism to disrupt the flow of electrons down a micro-thin filament (CPU).

I'd think a better place would be as far as you can get from the CPU. That pic doesn't show the top of the case, so if it's a tower case, and Eheim 1048's are good for puling instead of pushing, then you could mount in in the top. If it's not a full tower case, but a mid-tower, I'd suggest you mount it in the borrom right corner of the case, closest to you, farthest from the CPU.

I don't know about Eheim construction, are they magnetically shielded? If so, you don't need to worry about it. (You can find out if it's magnetically shielded by holding the pump, while it's on, about 2 feet from your monitor. Bring it SLOWLY closer and closer to your monitor. If the color changes, like if you were doing the same with a magnet, it's not magnetically shielded. [This is assuming you don't have the box anymore, which would tell you])

I was thinking of that same test to see whether or not it would cause interference. Also I took into consideration that thick copper DD block I have over my chip when placing it and kinda feel that this alone would give good shielding, but I may be wrong about that. I ran an Eheim 1046 which is slightly smaller in size mounted to the bottom of the case with no trouble at all for a few months. I'm gonna fire it up tonight and I'll post the results. Thanks for your input Phlubb! :)

Any idea when it's all gonna be finished Mudguts? Race ya, see who can finish their case first, hehe. Oh, hang on, still got to paint mine, that'll take a week or two - ok, maybe you're gonna win this one :D

Like everyone else, I love the inside of the case - definitely sets it apart from the rest.

I did some tests on the 1048 because of my concerns on magnetic interference. If anybody is interested you can read the post over at the "cooling section" entitled "Magnetic interference from the Eheim 1048". I also (as usual...heh heh...just love this digicamera) included some pics of my test. My thanks to member Phlubb on alerting me to this problem! :D

Back