• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Profile Issue or Windows Issue?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash1

Windows 11 Pro 23H2

I lost my "Quick Access" that I setup in Windows Explorer. I've always used this and never had a problem until Windows 11.

I first thought it was a profile issue so I created a new one.....Set up Quick Access and days later.....gone again.

Was working for a few days, ran the Windows update yesterday (yea I know!) and ever thing was ok for several shutdowns & reboots.

This morning working great, set the pc to sleep, got back on gone again.......

So tired of this and I need a hero to give me a clue or a fix....it's a major PITA!

Thanks to all for any suggestions!

Are you sure it didn't get disabled? In Windows Explorer:

1. Navigate to More (three dots) > Options.
  2. In the Folder Options window, under the Privacy section, uncheck both Show recently used files in Quick access and Show frequently used folders in Quick access.
  3. Click Apply > OK.

Not sure that this is your issue but just in case.

Are you sure it didn't get disabled? In Windows Explorer:

1. Navigate to More (three dots) > Options.
  2. In the Folder Options window, under the Privacy section, uncheck both Show recently used files in Quick access and Show frequently used folders in Quick access.
  3. Click Apply > OK.

Not sure that this is your issue but just in case.
Yes those are checked BUT I only have " Show frequently used folders" NOT
  • Show frequently used folders in Quick access.
1712773253333.jpeg

Am I missing something???

Thanks for the reply!

No. Yours looks like mine. An old trick that may help is to turn it off, save the setting then go back in and turn it on.

You might also try to hit the button to restore defaults, save it and go back in and adjust it to your desired setting. Sometimes software glitches hide the true state of a setting.

No. Yours looks like mine. An old trick that may help is to turn it off, save the setting then go back in and turn it on.

You might also try to hit the button to restore defaults, save it and go back in and adjust it to your desired setting. Sometimes software glitches hide the true state of a setting.
Ok, Tried the first step....if that doesn't work...will try the second!

Thanks again for the help!

Gone again.....This time I was saving something from Paint and when I went to select the Drive & Location....my Quick Accesses were not there.....
Finished what I was doing and opened Explorer and Quick Access locations were gone again......

Well it's almost been 2 years since I built this PC....maybe it's time to re-install everything?

Well...gone again....I saved with .....not sure which app....but it went to my last save location...so something is triggering it.

I've already created a new user account to verify it's not a windows profile issue.......

Well after the last MS update....my quick access points have been stable.....for about 5 days now....

Maybe they fixed it????

Windows 11 Pro 23H2

I lost my "Quick Access" that I setup in Windows Explorer. I've always used this and never had a problem until Windows 11.

I first thought it was a profile issue so I created a new one.....Set up Quick Access and days later.....gone again.

Was working for a few days, ran the Windows update yesterday (yea I know!) and ever thing was ok for several shutdowns & reboots.

This morning working great, set the pc to sleep, got back on gone again.......

So tired of this and I need a hero to give me a clue or a fix....it's a major PITA!

Thanks to all for any suggestions!
I once tried messing with the registry and powershell commands, downloading some files from the Microsoft website. Eventually, I got tired of dealing with it and just reinstalled everything from scratch.

Back