• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I do better in the same budget?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MAGN4N1M0US

I am new to this pc building experience I would like to get something nice for some entry level gaming and video editing (nothing too professional for now).heres something I have come up with:

Processor: Intel i5 12400f

Mobo: MSI B760-M Bomber wifi

Memory: (Patriot Memory - Signature Premium 8GB 5200MHz DDR5 )×2 total 16 gb

Storage: Crucial P3 Plus 1TB PCIe 4.0

Video card: GIGABYTE NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 WINDFORCE OC 12GB GDDR6

Power supply: Ant Esports FG650 Gaming Power Supply I Force Series 80 Plus Gold

Monitor:LG 68 Cm (27 Inch) 4K-UHD (3840 x 2160) Pixels HDR 10 Monitor

Cooler:Deepcool LE300 120mm LED Liquid CPU Cooler/AIO

And
Ant Esports ICE-100 Mid-Tower Computer Case/Gaming Cabinet - Black | Supports ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX

I am up for any good suggestion and the budget would be the same as those listed above

Four things...

1. What is your budget? You don't say, nor does anything you list have prices. What country?
2. I worry about the power supply brand/quality. Never heard of that brand.
3. A 3060 pushing 4k won't be pretty. It's a decent 2560x1440 or solid 1080p card, but you won't be happy with it at 4k gaming. 27" 4k seems small (for my eyes).
4. That memory is slow. I'd look for something around ddr5-6000 cl30. Also, 16GB is the bare minimum I'd suggest...32gb is really what you need.

I run a 3060 on my laptop and it just barely plays at 1080p so I wouldn't plan on 4k. You could get a 2k monitor and save some cash there, also a 24" might save a couple bucks. I also agree with ED about the psu, get a better one.

I know its going older tech but have you considered going with a last gen build? Stick with the 12 series but go DDR4. Everything will be a little cheaper or on sale so you can get better parts at the same price or less, especially the ram so you can get faster and 32gb. I still play on my 11 series z590 build with no problems.

Gotcha. Well, I like it so long as you're gaming at 1080p. It won't look as crisp as its not native resolution, but still plenty fine.

You can start with 16gb... but make sure you're not going over in your editing or gaming.

Gotcha. Well, I like it so long as you're gaming at 1080p. It won't look as crisp as its not native resolution, but still plenty fine.

You can start with 16gb... but make sure you're not going over in your editing or gaming.
Ok thank you I have upgrade d them for a
G.Skill Ripjaws S5 Intel XMP 16GB (1 * 16GB) DDR5 6000 MHz CL36
For now and will add one more a bit later
But should I go for another gpu because I would like to use it for some while but can't increase too much on the budget. I also swapped the psu for:
Deepcool PK650D, 650 Watt, 80 Plus Bronze
which was around same price

You need to do two sticks to get the dual channel because one stick will limit your overall speed. I would get 2x8g if you need to stick with 16.
Ik

👆this is how it is looking like now not all the parts are same (mother board,case and monitor)but i selected those with same price range,I decided to get 32gb (2*16)ram now so all good.thank you for helping me 🙏😃

I run a 3060 on my laptop and it just barely plays at 1080p so I wouldn't plan on 4k. You could get a 2k monitor and save some cash there, also a 24" might save a couple bucks. I also agree with ED about the psu, get a better one.

I know its going older tech but have you considered going with a last gen build? Stick with the 12 series but go DDR4. Everything will be a little cheaper or on sale so you can get better parts at the same price or less, especially the ram so you can get faster and 32gb. I still play on my 11 series z590 build with no problems.

but thats a 3060 mobile part, a desktop part should be more powerful.
unless your running an external gpu in an enclosure and if thats the case then nevermind

I am new to this pc building experience I would like to get something nice for some entry level gaming and video editing (nothing too professional for now).heres something I have come up with:

Processor: Intel i5 12400f

Mobo: MSI B760-M Bomber wifi

Memory: (Patriot Memory - Signature Premium 8GB 5200MHz DDR5 )×2 total 16 gb

Storage: Crucial P3 Plus 1TB PCIe 4.0

Video card: GIGABYTE NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 WINDFORCE OC 12GB GDDR6

Power supply: Ant Esports FG650 Gaming Power Supply I Force Series 80 Plus Gold

Monitor:LG 68 Cm (27 Inch) 4K-UHD (3840 x 2160) Pixels HDR 10 Monitor

Cooler:Deepcool LE300 120mm LED Liquid CPU Cooler/AIO

And
Ant Esports ICE-100 Mid-Tower Computer Case/Gaming Cabinet - Black | Supports ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX

I am up for any good suggestion and the budget would be the same as those listed above
Like others have said what is you level of game play 1080p or 1440p.It sounds like a great rig for 1080p cause you can get a great 1080p monitor with a high refresh rate and a low like 0.5 GTG.

Like others have said what is you level of game play 1080p or 1440p.It sounds like a great rig for 1080p cause you can get a great 1080p monitor with a high refresh rate and a low like 0.5 GTG.
Oh sorry I think I deleted the comment where I said I only use 4k for watching and editing videos.for gaming 1080p is good enough.Because I'm not really far into gaming just like to play them for fun.So doesn't care if I don't get too much Immersive experience.

Back