• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BBC to run climate change experiment!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

masakabassist

Hey guys,
I know how most of you (well hopefully all of you) out there are donating your free CPU cycles to folding this is a bit of news from across the pond.

Im from Wales, U.K. The BBC are running a climate prediction experiment in which they would like as many people as possible to sign up and participate. Doing so would create a wider field of results and a greater insight into the worlds climate (im sure the vast majority of you know this anyway).

So then here is what I and im almost positive is what the scientific commmunity would like. Would you all participate in the bbc climate change experiment? All you have to do is download the BBC BOINC manager at www.bbc.co.uk/climatechange and all the info you need is on there. Im unsure how well it runs with the normal BOINC manager but what I do know is that BOINC is helping along with it. So please people join in maybe we could make our own team for the BBC folding event!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/hottopics/climatechange/aboutexperiment1.shtml

Cheers, James! :cool:

*Edit* Have I posted this in the wrong section?

Last edited:
post this in the BOINC/SETI section... you'll likely get a bit more interest among them since it IS a BOINC client. If i had a P4, i'd dedicated a thread to it.. but alll i got are Athlon's... and each one is taxed as it is doing F@H and DIMES

Back