• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Automatic Bong Reservoir

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
no probs will try to get some pics up along within some actual stats of some ideas that I have going on !!!

How much is it costing u guys to put this lot together??
i'v looked around a couple of local hardware stores, (UK) and all i've found is one section, the one with the joint that the fan connects to, which is £26 or so. I think thats about $35ish, not too sure. Is that expensive? or is it around that price? because i dont particularly want to spend that much money on such a component at the moment.

I'm New here by the way, about to build my first watercooled rig :D which should be - interesting :cool:

but like i said i want to build it as cheaply as possible, so ive been considering just using a bin type container, suspending the shower head at the top, if i cant find a cheaper joint.

has anyone thought about shooting the water up from the base up the pipe it would double your waters time in the air ( im not sure if a pump would have the psi to do it but just a thought.)

has anyone thought about an atomizer ( extra fine spray nozile)

does the bong work off of surface area of the water?
if it does i think i have a good idea

Last edited:
Well first off Slaught... welcome to your soon to be 2nd home!!!

And second off, yea that sounds about right... but if your looking to save some money its easy to do with that kind of setup. 1 thing you can do would be to get one of those large paint buckets, the ones that stand about 30 or so CM i think? they are used for alot of different things but they shouldnt be hard to get ahold of. Just look around, odds are you should be able to get one for free!!! The best there is!!! But alot of people starting out will get those due to the large size and ease of use with... You dont have to cut the bucket in the slightest just the lid which you have alot of leway with...

heh heh, this forum rocks :D

i think im gonna hve to organise a little trip round my local DIY/cheapo stores, see what i can slap together :)

well, after reading this thread for the first time, i'm surprised to see so many people using these things! Hehe, I've just built my second one, my first worked okay, just too small, had to fill all the time. This new one works rather well, it's made from 4" pvc, similar to the guy's picture above, except mine uses a watercooler jug. the noise was a big issue, as my fiance and I sleep close enough to hear any loud noises, she hated the delta, so watercooling was my solution to that. I used some green pads to slow the water and noise as well, works excellently, had to make a screen so that the "loosened" green pads didn't fall apart and into the reservoir, so far so good on that. I used a ground sprinkler hose attachment, cost 96cents at Home Depot, and bought a 1/16th drill bit to cut more holes. I submersed a pump in the reservoir, put an 80mm fan on the front (fits perfect on 4" pvc sanitary tee openings, have to sand the fan a little bit) and my temps are ALWAYS room temp or 2 to 3 degrees lower (water temp that is) I use an inline thermometer to monitor the water temp going into the cpu block and one to monitor the temp of the input line to the bong, and one more on the outlet of the bong. I'd recommend this type of setup to anyone, it's easy to build, and from seeing that "sideline water jug" setup, i think i might like that even more, might have to borrow the idea.

Hmm..I currently have my computer in my laundry room..don't ask!

And I was working out a plan to use a large cooler type setup with a float valve attatched to the cold water pipe for the washing machine. That way endless water supply! Now just to get all the parts! :)

Slaught: "£26 or so. I think thats about $35ish." All I can say is ouch! I went to the local "totem hardware store" two days ago and I can buy that same part in a 4" diameter for $12 CDN that's like well £6 or damn close to that anyways!

I'm hoping to spend around 50-60CDN before pump and Waterblock if I can and I'm almost there. just a few more places to look for parts. I need a good shower head. (sorry garden sprinkler...) or whatever. :)

And after all is said and done no more then 150CDN Max and I'm thinking I'll be closer to the 100-120 mark!

Back