• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Automatic Bong Reservoir

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah but he might want to check his fan it might be going to fast and senting to much water out

Air flow is not the most inportan that the shower head :} Shower head is the brains of the thing. But airflow is inportand but if u read the articles every one has reduced air flow one way or another. One more thing is he never mentioned if he had a little filter on the top of thej bong to cath some of the water. Im not saing that his idea s not it is when i make a bong im usuing that idea, im just saing other thing help save water :}

Great idea. I would not want to rely on it if you were using 5 gallons per day with dual pelts though. ;)

TOMATOMAN - Airflow is the most important factor in a bong cooler. Take a look at this. My own experiments have verified this too.

I don't want folks to get the idea that the shower head is not important. At the very least, a Chrometta and best would be the 300 hole Dram garden wand heads.

Ant the post jump? :D :D :D

I'm glad you guys like it :)

Since I wrote the article a few things have changed...

For a while I wasn't using a fan because it didn't make that big of a temp. difference and I was using a filter on the top.

Also, after moving my water block around, my full load temps stay around 40C, and drop to 32 if I speed up the fan, instead of 46, and idle is right over ambient.

Another thing I found is for larger reservoirs, don't use a gallon milk jug, it will collapse on itself. Right now I have a 64oz juice bottle that works great.

I was think of making mine like im i forgot his name, but like he did the air trap im his case it looks realy sweet

Reservoir

I built my tower directly into the top of a five-gallon bucket . . . it makes a great reservoir and gives me room to submerge just about any pump.

Anybody tried making some sort of automatic reservoir using the float valve out of a toilet tank? I'm considering it, I just have to work out some details.

Actually, I was thinking of using a float valve for a horse trough. But now that you mention it, why would I want to run a garden hose into the house, when I can move around the piping??

"Anybody tried making some sort of automatic reservoir using the float valve out of a toilet tank?"
Anybody try to build their computer INTO a toilet bowl?? Jeez that would look weird.... Just flush and more water!

JigPu

JigPu said:

Anybody try to build their computer INTO a toilet bowl?? Jeez that would look weird.... Just flush and more water!

JigPu

LMAO!

I suppose it would be possible to rig something like that up. The only thing stopping me is the fact that right now I live in a dorm, and they wouldn't like it if I ran pipes into my room. :)

I purchased a small float valve from the local Koi shop for an auto fill reservoir. I have not had time to put it together yet. I get by with a six gallon Igloo cooler for a reservoir. Even with dual 120 watt pelts, it allows me to run 24/7.

Bong Cooler Pic

I read that and I agree awesome idea... One thing I was wondering, if it might help cool the water more? maybe? was to place a screen below the shower head above the level of water... something else to make the water get dispersed again... then you could also add ice every so often if the temps start to get high, and the ice would sit on the screen with in turn the showerhead would cause the water to to go directly over the ice lowering the temp faster...

not real sure how much of a difference any more but its possible...

ifmu said:
I read that and I agree awesome idea... One thing I was wondering, if it might help cool the water more? maybe? was to place a screen below the shower head above the level of water... something else to make the water get dispersed again... then you could also add ice every so often if the temps start to get high, and the ice would sit on the screen with in turn the showerhead would cause the water to to go directly over the ice lowering the temp faster...

not real sure how much of a difference any more but its possible...

hmm, right now I have a scotch brite pad right above the water level catching water before it hits the bottom to lessen the amount of noise.
I also have a very thin filter right above where the 'Y' part of the tower is catching and slowing down the water. I'm not sure if it helps any (if at all) but it does make it quieter.

I think what I really need to do is take the block off and make sure it is level on the cpu.

well what im thinking would be more to try to cool it better maybe?! but i imagine that it might cut down the noise level as well... not real sure... Im presently building a bong cooler... Ill prolly test it out and give a few of these ideas a run..

Back