• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD roadmap for X3D parts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

Does AMD have a roadmap for just their X3D parts? I really like how gaming performant they are for the amount of power they use. I'd be particularly interested if they're going to increase the V-cache sizes in their next gen or move it to the IOD chiplet.

I may not be exactly answer the right question, but you made me wonder, how long is the wait to get X3D parts?

5800X Nov 2020
5800X3D Apr 2022 (+5 months)

7_00X Sep 2022
79_0X3D Feb 2023 (+5 months)
7800X3D Apr 2023 (+7 months)

So maybe expect 5+ months wait from Zen 5 release for the X3D parts. Of course, they could do something different so don't rely on this.

I think they're very much on the path to adding L3 cache. I wouldn't expect them to look at L4 unless they significantly improve Infinity Fabric.

https://www.youtube.com/@MooresLawIsDead Tom seems to have good contacts with AMD info like this, maybe ask him?

Tom is not very technical and doesn't verify sources, I wouldn't rely on him for reliable info.

As far as the original question, they have not published anything public. I would not expect anything new in terms of V-cache for at least a couple of generations. The hybrid bonding process is still slow and cache structures have stopped getting density improvements with new nodes and this will probably be true until backside power networks come into play.

Tom is not very technical and doesn't verify sources, I wouldn't rely on him for reliable info.
Bold claim, got a source on that?

Its fine to disagree with the quality of his work, and its fine to say you dont find him reliable. I would just ask if you know he is not technical, and have evidence that he does not verify sources I would be interested in seeing it.

Also by not verifying sources, what do you mean, does he not check that sources are who they say they are or does he not verify the information being provided with other sources?

Bold claim, got a source on that?

Its fine to disagree with the quality of his work, and its fine to say you dont find him reliable. I would just ask if you know he is not technical, and have evidence that he does not verify sources I would be interested in seeing it.

Also by not verifying sources, what do you mean, does he not check that sources are who they say they are or does he not verify the information being provided with other sources?

I know he's not technical because I watched a couple of his videos where it became obvious very quickly that he's not. As far as him not verifying his sources, some people exposed him earlier this year and it got shared on twitter (x).

He's also known for deleting videos when he gets things embarrassingly wrong, despite claiming to have solid sources and high confidence in the info in those videos. You can just google "MLID legitimate" and see that he has one of the worst reputations as a tech commentator/leaker.

Back